OO Gauge LNER Q1/2 Bodyshell for sale

Post your private sales and wants adverts here!

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Paul_sterling
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

OO Gauge LNER Q1/2 Bodyshell for sale

Post by Paul_sterling »

Hello All,

I've recently completed (well nearly completed) my project to produce an LNER Q1/2 Tank loco. As per the following thread.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13150

The project produced two spare shells, one of which has now been sold.

The remaining spare is still available.

This shell is a direct fit to a Bachmann O4/ROD 2-8-0 chassis. No modifications are required to the chassis beyond bridging the tender plug, which consists of a bridge between the two left pin ports, and a bridge between the two right ports. A staple or similar size is suffice.

ImageIMG_20190612_072249 by Paul Sterling, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20190612_072254 by Paul Sterling, on Flickr
Front shell only

ImageIMG_20190612_072308 by Paul Sterling, on Flickr
Smokebox and parts on the left

ImageIMG_20190612_072311 by Paul Sterling, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20190612_072320 by Paul Sterling, on Flickr

A repair is required around the front window frames. I have thought that it might be possible to use a plasticard overlay, or even an acrylic cab front, so that glazing could be incorporated, but that will be at the new owners discretion to decide. I personally have not glazed the finished Q1, perhaps I should have but Ces't la vie.

The shell comes with the tank top covers, a length of plastic material for the vac return pipe, I'll include some smaller dia steel wire that is as per what I used, and 0.8mm welding wire I used for the detail parts and vac brake pipe, 2 x the fitting screws, smokebox door. There is also a spare chassis that may be useful, but I can't recall what level it was, it may have just been a mule chassis fitment part.

Hopefully you can see from the pictures that the printed finish will require filling/sanding, as per the work on the attached thread. This shell has been glued together with superglue. You could dismantle it if you wished by heating up, the PC is stable to around 120 deg C, and the glue should melt at around 80 deg C.

Price is £38+P&P.

Thanks, Paul.
Paul_sterling
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Re: OO Gauge LNER Q1/2 Bodyshell for sale

Post by Paul_sterling »

Morning all,

both Body shells are now sold.
Thanks, Paul.