Looking for LNER green, GN style 8-wheel tender shell

Post your private sales and wants adverts here!

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

NZRedBaron
H&BR Q10 0-8-0

Looking for LNER green, GN style 8-wheel tender shell

Post by NZRedBaron »

Some years ago, I purchased an OO Gauge Hornby model at a model show; it was one of the Royal Mail limited edition runs of Gresley A1 4476 Royal Lancer, brand new, with all packaging and such, and was pleased with it.

The last couple of days though, I was informed that in the specific condition she's in, the loco should have one of the old-style, Great Northern Railway designed 8 wheel tenders with coal rails, rather than the corridor tender she came with.

Does anyone have a spare body shell in that style? I'm willing to pay any reasonable offer for it.
Quicksilver95
NER J27 0-6-0

Re: Looking for LNER green, GN style 8-wheel tender shell

Post by Quicksilver95 »

This would be suitable - though do note it appears slightly damaged around the coal rail area:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-00-cl ... SwZfNfcb93

Should hopefully be a straight swap.

Out of interest if you had the corridor body free afterwards, I would be imterested in that, again at a reasonable price!
silverfox
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by silverfox »

Have you tried one of the suppliers of Hornby spares. Could be cheaper and possibly in better condition
NZRedBaron
H&BR Q10 0-8-0

Post by NZRedBaron »

Quicksilver95 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:22 pm This would be suitable - though do note it appears slightly damaged around the coal rail area:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-00-cl ... SwZfNfcb93

Should hopefully be a straight swap.

Out of interest if you had the corridor body free afterwards, I would be imterested in that, again at a reasonable price!
As far as I can tell, the seller is only doing so in the UK, so I'd need to make arrangements for posting the model parts. I'm not against the idea, though.
silverfox wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:47 pm Have you tried one of the suppliers of Hornby spares. Could be cheaper and possibly in better condition
Whom would I contact in that situation?

And just in case, I might as well ask, anyone know if any stockists in their area have a second hand R.2549 (that's 4475 Flying Fox) or R.3439 (2554 Woolwinder) in good condition?
NZRedBaron
H&BR Q10 0-8-0

Post by NZRedBaron »

In case anyone's interested, I did get that Gladiateur model, and it arrived today; just need to fix up the broken coal rail, and swap out the reverser, and she'll be right as rain.