Is this a model of a North Eastern Railway wagon?

Post your private sales and wants adverts here!

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Shane H-G
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Is this a model of a North Eastern Railway wagon?

Post by Shane H-G »

Hi. There an item listed on ebay at https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/triang-hornb ... 4605177100 which is livered NER. But does anyone know if it a North Eastern Railway wagon, or if it is a later era wagon which just happens to have NER on it a part of its livery?
Thanks
Shane
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Is this a model of a North Eastern Railway wagon?

Post by jwealleans »

Model bears very little relation to anything which actually ran on the real railway.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Is this a model of a North Eastern Railway wagon?

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

It is the alleged, but evidently fictional coke wagon that I mentioned in my 28th Nov reply to the more general question you posted, at:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13842#p139302

You have also posted your latest question in the model railways section of the forum and had a reply pointing out that the link you gave there does not work. You might want to tidy up that loose end, at least by acknowledging the reply. It helps to maintain goodwill...
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.