Reprinted WTTs

Post your private sales and wants adverts here!

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

BHornsey
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Reprinted WTTs

Post by BHornsey »

I don't know if anyone has seen this website;
http://www.wttreprint.talktalk.net/

The timetables themselves seem to be very good.
notascoobie
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Re: Reprinted WTTs

Post by notascoobie »

Good evening.

That's a good spot BH I've not heard of this site before - I know you can get WTTs from GNRS/GERS/NERS etc but these look of definite interest.

I wonder if anyone has used the service?

Regards,

Vernon
twa_dogs
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by twa_dogs »

Can't fault the service and product. Ordered on Thursday morning, arrived this morning (saturday). I've now got the WTT for Darlington District in 1953 and am looking forward to seeing what else surfaces relevant to this area. The WTT is printed on a modern white stock and mention has been made of cleaning up for reproduction and it is perfect bound, which given the number of pages and the prep work makes the £5 charge exceptionally good value. If the document you want is listed get it: Recommended. Now if WONs, sectional appendixes and PONs good be available in a similar affordable way then research would become much easier.

BTW- I have no connection with the vendor, I'm just a very satisfied customer.

Steve T.
notascoobie
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by notascoobie »

Steve,

Thanks for the recommendation. That's given me confidence to give it a try.

Regards,

Vernon
hq1hitchin
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Post by hq1hitchin »

Me, too. Great value and great service with a publication that's going to provide hours of pleasure. Thanks for the gen, BH
A topper is proper if the train's a non-stopper!
v3man
LNER J39 0-6-0

Post by v3man »

I've ordered the Edinburgh Area 1953 WTT for when it becomes available.
notascoobie
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by notascoobie »

Good Morning,

Ordered 2 on Saturday, order confirmed Sunday, order posted Tuesday (Bank Holiday Monday intervened), arrived Wednesday.

Superb quality reprints and an excellent service. Mr WTT deserves to be supported.

Regards,

Vernon
v3man
LNER J39 0-6-0

Post by v3man »

Received my copy of the 1953 Edinburgh Area WTT this morning and couldn't believe the quality of the reproduction. He also threw in a November 1953 Special Traffic Notice for free! I can certainly recommend his work.
Goathingham
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by Goathingham »

I ordered the Darlington Area WTT.
It reached me here in Washington State within 7 days.
Great publication, great service.
WTTReprinter
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by WTTReprinter »

Many thanks for your kind comments and I'm glad you like them.

I have just added some STNs to my collection, if anyone's interested. Incidently, they contain quite a few pigeon specials which ties in with the other thread I've been reading.
I'm afraid it'll be a while before I get back to some Eastern area items, though: I promised to add some from other regions.
Thanks.
WTT Reprinter
http://wttreprints.uk/
notascoobie
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by notascoobie »

WTTReprinter wrote:Many thanks for your kind comments and I'm glad you like them.

I have just added some STNs to my collection, if anyone's interested. Incidently, they contain quite a few pigeon specials which ties in with the other thread I've been reading.
I'm afraid it'll be a while before I get back to some Eastern area items, though: I promised to add some from other regions.
Hello mr WTT Reprinter,

Sorry to hear that you're not planning any more ER WTTs for a while. I would like a 1953 Lincoln Area Freight when you get there, so please bear that one in mind. I've got the corresponding Pax one and a 1961 Freight, but I missed a 1953 Freight one on a well-known auction website a while back.

Regards,

Vernon
WTTReprinter
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by WTTReprinter »

Hi Notascoobie.

Actually, the Summer 1953 Lincoln area WTT is likely to be my next Eastern offering, (though I've also had requests for others). It covers both passenger & freight but at 200+ pages it'll take a while to knock into shape.
I have around 50 WTTs just for 1953, plus some STNs and other miscellaneous documents, then there are those from other years. I'm looking forward to my retirement so I can get some real work done :!:

I'm doing two Southern ones next which should take me a couple of months, then I will be assessing a Western item but I'm not confident with these. They are printed on quite poor quality paper and may be more trouble than it's worth. I shall have to try a few pages and see what results I get.

So it maybe six months before you see something Eastern, possibly more.
Thanks.
WTT Reprinter
notascoobie
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by notascoobie »

Hi Mr WTT Reprinter,

Thanks for the update. I've marked my calendar for 6 month's time so I'll be watching! That said, I'm bemused by the fact that you have a joint pax/feight WTT. I didn't know they had "Combined Volumes" as well as the individual sections. I'll look forward to your progress.

Regards,

Vernon
WTTReprinter
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by WTTReprinter »

notascoobie wrote:That said, I'm bemused by the fact that you have a joint pax/feight WTT. I didn't know they had "Combined Volumes" as well as the individual sections. I'll look forward to your progress.
They are quite common but don't seem to follow any set rules.
Most of my North Eastern and Western are 'all' traffic, except the ECML which is in separate freight & pax volumes, whereas the LMR and SR kept freight and pax separated.
The Eastern did a lot of 'all' traffic but then some, like the Norwich & Cambridge main lines, the Doncaster District and Notts District are again separate.
Thanks.
WTT Reprinter
notascoobie
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by notascoobie »

Good Morning,

Thanks for your explanation. The reason that I'm bemused is that I have a Lincoln area Pax WTT for 1953 and I've seen a 1953 Freight one, so they must have published 3 - Pax/Freight/Combined.

Regards,

Vernon