BRM Magazine

This forum is for all off-topic (ie. non-railway) discussion.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Kestrel
NER C7 4-4-2

BRM Magazine

Post by Kestrel »

I see that as from the December issue, the BRM will be pinching Model Rail's idea and going four weekly instead of monthly.

On the cover it boasts "Britain's fastest growing model railway magazine'. I doubt it and it is easily the worst of the four I receive each month, the others being Model Rail, Hornby Magazine and Railway Modeller.

Odd that, the Hornby Magazine also boasts it's "Britain's fastest growing model railway magazine".
1H was 2E
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Re: BRM Magazine

Post by 1H was 2E »

They could both be right; one has the biggest increase in number bought but in the case of the other the increase expressed as a percentage increase is biggest.
Performance indicators eh! (just like the TOCs)
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'day Gents

I buy the odd mag when there's something worth reading, but I've not bought BRM for years, I can get any of those mags here in small Aussie towns, but obviously, at a price, Hornby, mag is usually $9.99. RM a little dearer, Model Rail, about $12, but BRM comes in at about $14.75 ( 6-7 pounds) and is not really any better than the other three.

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
D2100
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by D2100 »

1H was 2E wrote:They could both be right; one has the biggest increase in number bought but in the case of the other the increase expressed as a percentage increase is biggest.
Performance indicators eh! (just like the TOCs)
Low rent spin IMO. But that's the modern way, I guess.

I honestly can't believe one of the big three redtops hasn't had the plug pulled by now; it's happened before in a crowded market, even before the effect of the Internet.
Ian Fleming

Now active on Facebook at 'The Clearing House'