Lidl Surprises

This forum is for all off-topic (ie. non-railway) discussion.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Mickey

Re: Lidl Surprises

Post by Mickey »

strang steel wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:40 pm I am not as posh as Mickey, but I do shop at Waitrose which allow 2 hours free; and their food is of a decent quality.
As posh as Mickey John?. I eat down to earth good old British grub such as bully beef, egg & chips!.

Mickey
Last edited by Mickey on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Palmer
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Post by John Palmer »

strang steel wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:40 pm You need to be very careful with your parking habits at these German discount stores; because there was a letter in our paper recentlt from someone who parked ineither Lidl or Aldi car park on her way to work because they were short of milk; and then went back there for a lunchtime sandwich. Both times she was only there for about 15 minutes, but received a parking fine as the computer insisted her car had been there for the whole 4 hours between the two times.
Not an uncommon occurrence, I fear, whether by accident or design. But, let's be clear, if this was at a supermarket car park in private ownership rather than a local authority car park then this was purely a civil law issue, not a fine imposed under criminal law. Supermarkets appoint third party companies to manage their car parks, and such a company may resort to discreditable practices whilst so engaged as agent for the supermarket concerned. The link I posted previously still points to useful guidance about how to deal with such practices.

Odd that this thread has come back to life due to a spammer's activity. Hope Mr Bunt resolved the original problem to his own satisfaction.
silverfox
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by silverfox »

Just seen this thread but for future knowledge the following site is well worth bookmarking

www.pepipoo.com

These guys are amateurs who do a great service in fighting UNJUST parking tickets, both from the ex clampers on private property to rapacious councils who many times cannot even get the correct method of doing things

However it is worth noting that in Scotland it is different. THey cannot chase the RK as in England only the driver so if you dont say who the driver is, nothing to worry about, just file all paper work ..just in case they mention RK liability and then you can go after them in the small claims court

A couple of pointers NEVER NEVER NEVER tell the PPC who was driving should you have to write to them..ALWAYS say 'the driver did this' or 'the driver saw that'

They sometime put a digit wrong on the ticket or the colour, so Mr Gullible writes to them to correct them......and then they are well and truly done like a kipper

The chaps on pepipoo will give honest and truthful advice, if you are bang to rights they will tell you , they are not there to go beyond the law,if you tell them porkies or not the whole truth you will be dropped quicker than a pork sausage in a synagogue. Alway tell them 100% what happened
, and listen to the long term posters
Gan, Lynnzer, hcanderson,incandescant,Schoolrunmum, Dancingdad are names that spring to mind.
Some of the tricks the PPC get up to are worth reading about, besides forwarned is sforearmened