Hello from a newbie

This forum is for all off-topic (ie. non-railway) discussion.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Queensbury Lines
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Hello from a newbie

Post by Queensbury Lines »

Hi Everyone

My name is Simon & I though I would introduce myself to the forum.

I have a keen interest in the ex Great Northern lines of the West Riding hence the name. I have used the site recently to find information on ex LNER locos & thought i would join the forum as i felt it might help when i need to ask questions.

I'm also a modeller & recently became a newly established professional locomotive builder in O gauge. My current project is an Ace Products Ivatt N1 for my own collection. I have just finished a C12 for a client which was an absolute dream to build & look forward to building one of those to cover the Drigh bus.

My future plan is to build a layout based on the West Riding with plenty of ex Great Northern & LNER locos. I'm currently researching buildings & structures & hope the forum would be able to help source drawings etc that i can use to produce scale models.

Anyway i look forward to joining in.

Simon
JASd17
LNER A3 4-6-2

Re: Hello from a newbie

Post by JASd17 »

Good luck with your project Simon.

You will find several members on this Forum who are working on GN West Yorkshire lines projects too. Regarding some locations it is rather hard to find good information.

I am involved with the Shipley MRS project to model Clayton station west of Bradford in 4mm EM Gauge. Station building information is proving very tricky.

We are on a better foundation with regard to carriages however, the project leader Frank, has just furnished me with etches to make up one of the two Howlden Quint GN Quint sets which were regulars on this route in the mid 1930s.

John