First post, just testing really.

This forum is for all off-topic (ie. non-railway) discussion.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Big Dougie
NER Y7 0-4-0T

First post, just testing really.

Post by Big Dougie »

Good Morning to any night-owls about at this silly time of night. After lurking for a long time, I thought I'd better make myself official, so I've signed up. As my username suggests, I'm Dougie(and fairly big). :D I'm lucky enough to live beside the Kyle Line which, despite being ex-LMS territory, is one of the most wonderful railways in the world.
I have a habit of asking questions; someone once told me it's a good way to learn.
I look forward to being able to use the forum properly, instead of lurking, although I have learnt a lot from just browsing past topics.

A' the Best,
Dougie fi Plockton.
Re-open railways; scrap 158s.
StevieG
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: First post, just testing really.

Post by StevieG »

Well you've arrived herein safely Dougie : Welcome.

There's no prejudice against 'lurkers' joining up, :) , so I hope you continue to learn from this (these?) forum(s) which, as has been mentioned from time to time by other members who are, or were, in other forums (and as you may already have gathered during your 'lurking'), is a rather more orderly, respectful, and helpful one than some.

Hoping that you also find it so.
BZOH

/
\ \ \ //\ \
/// \ \ \ \
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

Well said Stevie G and i also extend a welcome to Dougie.
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

And a Big welcome to Dougie.

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
StevieG
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by StevieG »

StevieG wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:43 pm " .... this (these?) forum(s) which, as has been mentioned from time to time by other members who are, or were, in other forums (and as you may already have gathered during your 'lurking'), is a rather more orderly, respectful, and helpful one than some. .... "
I also meant to mention, as info. of possible value to anyone with a certain sort of interests, that another equally well-'behaved' forum in all respects is www.forum.signalbox.org/ of "The Signal Box" website (www.signalbox.org : Not specific to the LNER ), on the Home page of which the forum(s) is referred to as 'The Blower' (as in "I'm on the blower").
BZOH

/
\ \ \ //\ \
/// \ \ \ \