NLL recollections

This forum is for all off-topic (ie. non-railway) discussion.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Mickey
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Re: NLL recollections

Post by Mickey »

StevieG wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:29 am The Conn Line from Acton Canal Wharf only ever turned north to the join the WCML tracks of Willesden Junction Mickey, not towards Euston, and was a new line not so long ago; early 1960s I think.
Did I say the 'Conn line' from Acton Canal Wharf went into Euston Stevie?. The Conn line went northwards from Acton Canal Wharf either onto the Euston main line heading northwards or also into the Brent and Sudbury sidings.
StevieG wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:29 am The bottom of the Poplar Lines were never controlled by Slough Panel Box. Control passed from Old Oak Common Panel Box to Slough IECC, a separate building right next to Slough Panel Box. Both Sloughs have closed in the last ten years (the Panel Box was just over 50 years old; and I think the IECC was the first one in the UK to close), control now being by Thames Valley Signalling Centre at Didcot.
When I worked Acton Wells between 1988-1990 wasn't the 'Poplar lines' from Acton maim line still were they still not worked by Old Oak Common box?. To be honest all these years later I can't remember if I was working with Old Oak Common box or Slough panel seeing that I didn't work Acton Wells all that regular?. Was Old Oak Common box still active until 1990?.
StevieG wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:29 am "Wembley PSB" is officially Wembley Mainline (WM) to distinguish it from the small Wembley Yard (panel) box that was new when the Railnet Royal Mail rail terminal was created.
It's now WM of course where control of the DCs from S.Hampstead to Watford Junction is done, from an added workstation, so I've heard.
When I was working around the Willesden area between 1988-1990 the 'old Willesden power box' was still in use I recall?.
Original start date of 2010 on the LNER forum and previously posted 4500+ posts.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

StevieG wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:29 am When you describe panels exactly like the one at Camden Road (was the now gone Acton Wells panel the same? I don't now recall) as route-setting, you do remember that although looking much like an NX panel of that type, that really they weren't, as you had to set the points individually, and then pressing the signal button locked them in position, lit the route lights and cleared the signal.
Yeah from memory Stevie and thinking about it again the Acton Wells panel was similar to the Camden Road panel. Firstly both 'panel faces' were on a flat metal surface with the track layout printed or painted on them both as opposed to the Upper Holloway, Willesden High Level & Bollo Lane NX panels which were all 3 panels of the 'mosaic type' where they were (still are for Upper Holloway) made up of small squares that if needed can be replaced easily (in theory?) if the layout changes so the whole 'panel face' doesn't need to be replaced. Funny enough several months ago Upper Holloway had a broken points switch on the panel and the only spare points switch available was an old points switch that was removed from the old Bollo Lane panel which surprisingly is still around. Also with both the Camden Road and Acton Wells panels the signalman was only required to push the route button on a signal for the route to 'come in' providing all the track circuits ahead of that signal were 'clear' then the signal would 'come off' to a proceed aspect. To reverse or normalise sets of points on the Camden Road and Acton Wells panels the signalman was required to do that task by switching a points switch by hand which wasn't required on a NX panel the signalman on a NX panel just needs to press the entrance button and then press the exit button to clear signal(s) and change any points in the route between two signals.
Original start date of 2010 on the LNER forum and previously posted 4500+ posts.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

StevieG wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:29 am Gospel Oak was always an oddity, having those desk-mounted individual function buttons, switches, etc., nearly all of which had the same numbers for their points or signal as the equivalent levers in the burned-Down No.1 mechanical box that it replaced.
Yeah regarding the Gospel Oak panel it was a 'one off wasn't it. To be honest Stevie I quite liked working the Gospel Oak panel back between 1987-90 when I was on the relief during that time where I use to get odd days and nights at the box but overall I found it quite a enjoyable box to work plus the time use to go quite fast at that box because of the frequency of the North London line DC service back then with a sprinkling of freight trains travelling across the North London line as well along with the half-hourly Barking line service in and out of the bay platform it all made the time go quite fast also the view from the box was quite pleasant and just behind the box was the leafy eastern edge of Hampstead health although the box it's self was a bit on the cramp side but that didn't really bother me to be honest.
StevieG wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:29 amDid you ever hear about a one-time plan (that was all the gossip in the S&T in 1969/70) that there was to be a big PSB at Kentish Town (plenty of redundant BR ground there by then I think) that would control the Midland ML resignalling and 'all' the N. London Line. The MML control centre arrived as West Hampstead PSB of course but nothing came of resignalling the NLL in those times.
No I never heard of that story Stevie although I presume the large area of waste ground that you refer to was the site of the former old Kentish Town loco shed which for about the last 40 odd years has been occupied by Murphy's the builders and is know as 'Murphy's yard'. With regards to the North London line I do remember the rumour back in the 1970s of it being closed and the former track bed being turned into a tarmac road.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

A memory that may interest you Stevie concerned the S&T (or as old 'Peddler' Palmer at Welwyn Garden City box use to call them the Sugar and Tea). I can't remember the date but it was when Euston PSB was closed and Wembley PSB came on line anyway I was at Camden Road at that time and a couple of S&T blokes showed up at the box like 5:00am on the Sunday morning I think it was to alter the wording on the Camden Road panel's Emergency Alarms buttons from the original Euston PSB wording to the new wording Wembley PSB which were on the 'Primrose Hill branch' end of the Up & Down North London lines anyway the blokes pulled out the S&T plans that had been signed off by their S&T Managers and proceeded to work off the plan and carefully paint out the wording of Emergency Alarms to Euston and carefully re apply new transfers on the panel with the re-wording of the Emergency Alarms which I could see were applied the wrong way around in so far as the Up NLL wording should have been on the Down NLL and the Emergency Alarm on the Down NLL wording should have been on the Up NLL button?. Anyway the two bokes said yeah it doesn't look right but that's what the plans say?.

suffice to say a few days later the same two blokes showed up at the box again with 'knocked up' wording that was sticky taped the makeshift wording onto the panel over the nice new and neat transfers which were put on the wrong Emergency Alarm buttons only a few days earlier and as one of the S&T bloke's remarked "The plans were signed off by our managers so it's their fault!.

Staying with the S&T back in November 2009 when Harringay Park Junction was finally closed a small team of S&T people possibly Westinghouse but I can't remember for certain were lead by a middle aged woman which surprised me a little bit anyway I think the team may have been based at Crewe but I am not totally certain about that?. During the changeover weekend (I was on nights all that weekend) at Upper Holloway box the standard B.R. block instrument was taken out of use and removed from the box plus a small number of modifications were made on the panel from Upper Holloway to Harringay Park Junction with eight or nine new mosaic pieces being inserted into the panel which included six new track circuits which included three on the Up line and three on the Down line also I believe the TD (Train Describer) was modified as well. Also during the change over two existing x3 aspect colour light running signals were changed from x3 aspect colour light heads to single aspect LED colour light heads.
StevieG
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by StevieG »

Mickey wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:40 am "Did I say the 'Conn line' from Acton Canal Wharf went into Euston Stevie?. The Conn line went northwards from Acton Canal Wharf either onto the Euston main line heading northwards or also into the Brent and Sudbury sidings. ..."
Sorry Mickey. Read that bit too quickly and thought I'd seen "....the 'Conn line' that headed either towards Euston or the main line heading northwards or into Brent & Sudbury sidings....".
It was of course as you actually said, and as I followed up with.

Mickey wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:40 am When I worked Acton Wells between 1988-1990 wasn't the 'Poplar lines' from Acton maim line still were they still not worked by Old Oak Common box?. To be honest all these years later I can't remember if I was working with Old Oak Common box or Slough panel seeing that I didn't work Acton Wells all that regular?. Was Old Oak Common box still active until 1990?.
Yes. Closed 6 May 1995 apparently, which must've been when Slough IECC took over.

StevieG wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:29 am
Mickey wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:10 pm "Saved the best until last... Camden Road. ..."
"... When I worked the box from late 1987 it had just received a route setting panel ..."
When you describe panels exactly like the one at Camden Road (was the now gone Acton Wells panel the same? I don't now recall) as route-setting, you do remember that although looking much like an NX panel of that type, that really they weren't, as you had to set the points individually, and then pressing the signal button locked them in position, lit the route lights and cleared the signal.
Mickey wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:10 pm "... Yeah from memory Stevie and thinking about it again the Acton Wells panel was similar to the Camden Road panel. Firstly both 'panel faces' were on a flat metal surface with the track layout printed or painted on them both as opposed to the Upper Holloway, Willesden High Level & Bollo Lane NX panels which were all 3 panels of the 'mosaic type' where they were (still are for Upper Holloway) made up of small squares that if needed can be replaced easily (in theory?) if the layout changes so the whole 'panel face' doesn't need to be replaced. ..."
"... Also with both the Camden Road and Acton Wells panels the signalman was only required to push the route button on a signal for the route to 'come in' providing all the track circuits ahead of that signal were 'clear' then the signal would 'come off' to a proceed aspect.
To reverse or normalise sets of points on the Camden Road and Acton Wells panels the signalman was required to do that task by switching a points switch by hand which wasn't required on a NX panel the signalman on a NX panel just needs to press the entrance button and then press the exit button to clear signal(s) and change any points in the route between two signals."
Concerning how they were operated (not how they were constructed), that was just what I was saying Mickey, and that was my point.
Route-setting panels are officially regarded as those of NX type where operation of the eNtrance button or switch and the eXit button (or turning a route switch on an OCS panel) checks, sets, and locks the whole route and allows the signal to clear. So in having to operate points separately at Camden Road (and 'the Wells') and then separately pressing the signal button to y to check, lock & light the route and clear the signal doesn't make it a route-setting panel.

Mickey wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:40 am "When I was working around the Willesden area between 1988-1990 the 'old Willesden power box' was still in use I recall?."
That would be right. It only closed under Wembley Mainline ICP around the same 1999/2000 time as Euston PSB.
BZOH

/
\ \ \ //\ \
/// \ \ \ \
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

StevieG wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:09 am Concerning how they were operated (not how they were constructed), that was just what I was saying Mickey, and that was my point.
Route-setting panels are officially regarded as those of NX type where operation of the eNtrance button or switch and the eXit button (or turning a route switch on an OCS panel) checks, sets, and locks the whole route and allows the signal to clear. So in having to operate points separately at Camden Road (and 'the Wells') and then separately pressing the signal button to y to check, lock & light the route and clear the signal doesn't make it a route-setting panel.
Point taken Stevie I have a slack way of referring to all panels as 'route setting panels' when some aren't.

Two panels that I did work on were both the Camden Road and Dalston panels although with the Dalston panel I only worked that panel from it's commissioning in the late summer of 1987 and then maybe for around 6 or 7 months after that as the London Midland region then handed over the area to the Eastern region (or Anglia region?). With the Camden Road panel I worked that panel from shortly after it was commissioned and for about three years after that almost weekly when I covered the box on the relief between 1987-1990 and then for 12 years when I was a resident signalman at the box between 1992-2004. Both boxes panels were totally different in design and operation to each other and you may already be aware of that fact with both panels being commissioned at the same time over one weekend in the late summer of 1987. The Dalston panel was a NX panel and was possibly designed and was constructed at York and was fairly low down towards the box floor with the panel face laid back at a shallow angle (and from a faded memory I think the background was green?) with the signalman usually sitting down on a chair to work it unlike the Camden Road panel which I believe was constructed somewhere in the south of England (Basingstoke seems to ring a bell?) and was more akin to a 'upright piano' and was usually worked by standing up at it although it could be worked perched on a high stool and was a dull matt grey colour all over although the 'panel face' and it's background was green. After about 2004 the panel underwent a number of changes and modifications but that was just after I left the box. Working of both panels was easy although on the Camden Road panel the signalman provided all the track circuits between two consecutive signals were 'clear' the signalman would then just press the signal button at the signal and the route lights would 'come in' or light up between that signal and the next signal ahead and the signal with the button would then show a proceed aspect and also as previously posted to change any points on the Camden Road panel that was done by operating one of the individual points switches that were located in a row of points switches near the top of the panel. On the Dalston NX panel the signalman would just press the entrance button at the signal and then press the exit button at the exit signal and the route lights would come in or light up and the signal would then clear to a proceed aspect and any points in the route between both the entrance signal and the exit signal would move to the correct position and then the entrance signal would then clear to a proceed aspect.

I presume the reason why both the Dalston and Camden Road panels were different was because of the regional boundary that then existed between both boxes with Camden Road then being in the London Midland region and Dalston (formerly Western Junction) had just been taken over by the Eastern region (or Anglia region?) from the London Midland region.
Dave Cockle
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by Dave Cockle »

Just been reading your North London Line recollections Micky. An interesting read. My only involvement with the North London Line was when I was based at Hackney Downs in 1989 to 1994, first as a MOM then as a Movements Manager. We had responsibility for emergency point winding of both ends of the Graham Road Curve. I remember going down to Navarino Road Jn one evening to show a new MOM the layout and location of point clip cupboard.
We stood near a Track Sectioning Cabin for the DC third rail and distinctly heard the circuit breakers tripping then being reset. The next thing we saw was a Class 37 hauled train of empty tanks coming from the direction of Dalston Kingsland and noticed occasional arcing from conductor rail as the diesel hauled freight train trundled along. As it passed by we could see the problem. One of the filler caps on a tank wagon had come adrift and was dangling from a safety chain just above the conductor rail. As the filler cap swung to and throw on the safety chain it occasionally came close to the conductor rail and caused a flash over. I made an emergency phone call to the signalman at Dalston Western Jn. Box and he got the train stopped for examination.

I must say whenever I was in the vicinity of the conductor rails I always ultra cautious. Carrying point clips I was very careful to hold them up higher when near the live rail. It would be all so easy to plug oneself into 750 volts with a point clip dangling but well within my grasp. When I got back into 25kv land upstairs at Hackney Down, on the West Anglia lines, it was quite a relief to be away from those live conductor rails. All depends what you are used to I suppose.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hiya Dave thanks for your positive comment. With regards to Dalston box (formerly known and named Western Junction) from memory I don't think I work that box again after about October of 1987 because the box was transferred from the London Midland region to the then newly created Anglia region when the old Eastern region was split into two distinct areas and GE signalling staff took over working the box from about late 1987 onwards although later on in the 1990s and 2000s it came back under the North London lines for staffing and management.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

A odd little job that I remember working only once when I was a relief signalman between 1987-1990 was a one off Saturday night turn (22:00-07:00) at Wembley Central station working the Wembley Central ground frame and having to turn back a small number of trains that arrived on the Down DC line from Euston and which terminated at the station between 22:00hrs on the Saturday night until about 00:30hrs on Sunday morning. These terminated trains then ran forward from the station empty and were then turned back through a crossover just beyond the north end of the station where they were crossed back over into the Up DC line platform before departing south towards Euston again because I recall the line north of Wembley Central was BLOCKED under a possession that night. The Wembley ground frame was one of two ground frames that worked crossovers along the DC line between Euston and Wembley Central with the other one being the Kilburn ground frame, I think both ground frames Wembley and Kilburn had some sort of connection with the Willesden New Line or Low Level s/box on the DC lines that probably gave both ground frames 'the release' so they could be operated but I can't honestly remember all these years later?. The Wembley ground frame was just off the north end of the Up DC line platform and close to the Down fast line out of Euston and was located inside a small brick built windowless room that was possibly part of a bridge abutment and under the overall station roof and which housed a small LNWR stirrup lever frame of maybe 5 or 6 levers(?) plus a small non-illuminated track diagram showing just the Up & Down DC lines and the crossover which the ground frame controlled which was mounted above the lever frame along with a telephone that was provided but the few hours that I spent working the ground frame that night it's all a bit hard to recall now 30+ years on although the room with the lever frame in it I recall was dingy (a solitary light bulb for a light) and was also a bit on the dirty side as well and was no doubt vermin infested. Both the Wembley and Kilburn ground frames were abolished with the re-signalling of the DC lines back in 1990 with both areas being under the control of Willesden Suburban power box.

Below the Wembley ground frame was located to the right of the 'bridge ole' in 'the black area' at the far end of the Up DC line platform-
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... tion_8.jpg

The Kilburn ground frame was by contrast located in a small purpose built wooden building standing along side the Down DC line off the south end of Kilburn station although I never visited it.

Not long ago I had occasion to travel through Wembley Central station on the DC line which brought back the memory of that night 30+ years ago.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

The following were my weekly orders telling me what signal boxes I would be working at on the following week?. Orders in B.R. days were usually telephoned directly to the relief signalling staff on the area by the roster clerk usually on the Thursday before the start of a new week commencing on the Sunday which was the start of a new week on the railways.
Last edited by Mickey on Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

My weekly relief signalman's orders for 1989 when I was working boxes around the North London line. I didn't keep a diary for 1987 & 1988.

January 1989-

Sun 1st 08:00-19:00 Upper Holloway
Mon 2nd sick
Tue 3rd sick
Wed 4th sick
Thu 5th sick
Fri 6th sick
Sat 7th sick

Sun 8th sick
Mon 9th 22:00-06:00 Camden Road
Tue 10th 22:00-06:00 Camden Road Rest Day
Wed 11th 22:00-06:00 Camden Road
Thu 12th 22:00-06:00 Camden Road
Fri 13th 22:00-06:00 Camden Road
Sat 14th 22:00-08:00 Camden Road

Sun 15th 19:00-06:00 Camden Road
Mon 16th 18:00-06:00 Upper Holloway
Tue 17th 14:00-22:00 Willesden High Level training
Wed 18th 06:00-14:00 Camden Road
Thu 19th 14:00-18:00 Willesden High Level training then 18:00-22:00 Upper Holloway
Fri 20th 14:00-22:00 Camden Road Rest Day
Sat 21st 06:00-14:00 Camden Road

Sun 22nd 08:00-19:00 Camden Road
Mon 23rd 06:00-14;00 Camden Road
Tue 24th 06:00-14:00 Camden Road Rest Day
Wed 25th 06:00-14:00 Camden Road
Thu 26th 06:00-14:00 Camden Road
Fri 27th 06:00-14:00 Willesden High Level then 14:00-18:00 Upper Holloway
Sat 28th 06:00-14:00 Camden Road

Sun 29th 19:00-06:00 Camden Road
Mon 30th 18:00-06:00 Willesden High Level
Tue 31st 18:00-06:00 Willesden High Level

February 1989-

Wed 1st 18:00-06:00 Willesden High Level Rest Day
Thu 2nd 22:00-06:00 Camden Road
Fri 3rd 22:00-06:00 Camden Road
Sat 4th 22:00-08:00 Camden Road

Sun 5th 19:00-06:00 Camden Road
Mon 6th Annual leave
Tue 7th A/L
Wed 8th A/L
Thu 9th A/L
Fri 10th A/L
Sat 11th A/L

Sun 12th 08:00-19:00 Camden Road
Mon 13th 22:00-06:00 Gospel Oak
Tue 14th 18:00-06:00 Kew East
Wed 15th 18:00-06:00 Upper Holloway
Thu 16th 18:00-06;00 Upper Holloway Rest Day
Fri 17th 18:00-06:00 Upper Holloway
Sat 18th 18:00-08:00 Upper Holloway

Sun 19th 19:00-06;00 Upper Holloway
Mon 20th 14:00-22:00 Gospel Oak
Tue 21st 14:00-22:00 Upper Holloway
Wed 22nd 14:00-22:00 Upper Holloway
Thu 23rd 14:00-22:00 Upper Holloway Rest Day
Fri 24th 14:00-22:00 Upper Holloway
Sat 25th 14:00-22:00 Upper Holloway

Sun 26th 08;00-19:00 Camden Road
Mon 27th 06:00-18:00 Gospel Oak Rest Day
Tue 28th 06:00-18:00 Gospel Oak Rest Day

March 1989-
Wed 1st 06:00-14:00 Acton Wells training
Thu 2nd 06:00-14:00 Upper Holloway
Fri 3rd 06:00-14:00 Upper Holloway
Sat 4th 06:00-14:00 Upper Holloway

Sun 5th 19:00-06:00 Upper Holloway
Mon 6th 22:00-06:00 Camden Road
Tues 7th 22:00-06:00 Camden Road
Wed 8th 22:00-06:00 Camden Road
Thu 9th 22:00-06:00 Camden Road
Fri 10th 22:00-06:00 Camden Road
Sat 11th 22:00-07:00 Camden Road Rest Day

Sun 12th 19:00-06:00 Camden Road
Mon 13th 22:00-06:00 Upper Holloway
Tue 14th 22:00-06:00 Upper Holloway
Wed 15th 22:00-06:00 Upper Holloway
Thu 16th 22:00-06:00 Camden Road Rest Day
Fri 17th 22:00-06:00 Camden Road
Sat 18th 22:00-07:00 Upper Holloway

Sun 19th 19:00-06:00 Upper Holloway
Mon 20th Lieu Day
Tue 21st 14:00-22:00 Upper Holloway
Wed 22nd 14:00-22:00 Camden Road
Thu 23rd 14:00-22:00 Upper Holloway Rest Day
Fri 24th 14:00-22:00 Upper Holloway
Sat 25th 14:00-22:00 Upper Holloway

Sun 26th 07:00-19:00 Upper Holloway
Mon 27th 06:00-14:00 Upper Holloway
Tue 28th Annual Leave Day
Wed 29th 06:00-14:00 Upper Holloway
Thu 30th 06:00-14:00 Upper Holloway then 14:00-18:00 Kew East
Fri 31st 06:00-14:00 Upper Holloway then 14:00-18:00 Kew East Rest Day

Rest Days were usually worked by virtually all signalmen as they were paid overtime and 'made your weekly wages up' on payday Thursdays.
Last edited by Mickey on Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

April 1989-

Sat 1st 06:00-14:00 Upper Holloway Rest Day

Sun 2nd Not Available
Mon 3rd 22:00-06:00 Gospel Oak Rest Day
Tue 4th 22:00-06:00 Gospel Oak
Wed 5th 22:00-06:00 Gospel Oak
Thu 6th 22:00-06:00 Gospel Oak
Fri 7th 22:00-06:00 Gospel Oak
Sat 8th 22:00-08:00 Gospel Oak

Sun 9th 19:00-06:00 Gospel Oak
Mon 10th 14:00-18:00 Upper Holloway then 18:00-22:00 training Acton Wells
Tue11th 14:00-22:00 Camden Road
Wed 12th 10:00-14:00 training Neasden Junction then 14:00-18:00 Upper Holloway Rest Day
Thu 13th 10:00-14:00 training Neasden Junction then 14:00-18:00 Upper Holloway
Fri 14th 10:00-14:00 training Neasden Junction then 14:00-18:00 Upper Holloway
Sat 15th 06:00-14;00 Gospel Oak

Sun 16th 19:00-06:00 Gospel Oak
Mon 17th 14:00-22:00 Gospel Oak
Tue 18th 10:00-14:00 passed out Neasden Junction then 14:00-22:00 Upper Holloway
Wed 19th 14:00-22:00 Upper Holloway
Thu 20th 14:00-22:00 Upper Holloway Rest Day
Fri 21st 14;00-22:00 Upper Holloway
Sat 22nd 14:00-22:00 Upper Holloway

Sun23rd 08:00-19:00 Upper Holloway
Mon 24th 06:00-14:00 Upper Holloway
Tue 25th 06:00-14:00 Upper Holloway
Wed26th 06:00-14:00 Upper Holloway Rest Day
Thu 27th 18:00-06:00 Upper Holloway
Fri 28th 18:00-06:00 Upper Holloway
Sat 29th 18:00-08;00 Upper Holloway
Sun 30th 19:00-06:00 Upper Holloway
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

May 1989-

Mon 1st 18:00-06:00 Upper Holloway
Tues 2nd 22:00-06:00 Upper Holloway
Wed 3rd 22:00-06:00 Upper Holloway Rest Day
Thu 4th 22:00-06;00 Upper Holloway
Fri 5th 18:00-06:00 Upper Holloway
Sat 6th 18:00-06:00 Upper Holloway

Sun 7th 19:00-07:00 Gospel Oak
Mon 8th 14:00-22:00 Upper Holloway
Tue 9th 22:00-06:00 Gospel Oak
Wed 10th 14:00-22:00 Gospel Oak Rest Day
Thu 11th 14:00-22:00 Gospel Oak
Fri 12th 14:00-22:00 Gospel Oak
Sat 13th 14:00-22:00 Gospel Oak

Sun 14th 08:00-19:00 Gospel Oak
Mon 15th 06:00-14:00 Gospel Oak Rest Day
Tue 16th 06;00-14:00 Kew East
Wed 17th 06:00-14;00 Kew East
Thu 18th 06;00-14:00 Kew East
Fri 19th 06;00-14:00 Kew East
Sat 20th 06;00-14:00 Kew East

Sun 21st 19:00-06:00 Gospel Oak
Mon 22nd 22:00-06;00 Upper Holloway
Tue 23rd 22:00-06;00 Upper Holloway
Wed 24th 22:00-06:00 Upper Holloway
Thu 25th 22:00-06:00 Upper Holloway
Fri 26th 22:00-06:00 Upper Holloway
Sat 27th 22:00-08:00 Upper Holloway Rest Day

Sun 28th 19:00-06:00 Camden Road
Mon 29th Annual leave
Tue 30th Annual leave
Wed 31st Annual leave
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

June 1989-

Thu 1st Annual leave
Fri 2nd A/L
Sat 3rd A/L

Sun 4th A/L
Mon 5th A/L
Tue 6th A/L
Wed 7th A/L
Thu 8th A/L
Fri 9th A/L
Sat 10th A/L

Sun 11th Not Available
Mon 12th Rest Day not available
Tue 13th 22:00-06:00 Kew East
Wed 14th 22:00-06:00 Kew East
Thu 15th 22:00-06:00 Kew East
Fri 16th 22:00-06:00 Kew East
Sat 17th 14:00-22:00 Camden Road

Sun 18th 08:00-19:00 Gospel Oak
Mon 19th *Change of orders and went to Upper Holloway for a few hours during the morning then disappeared?.*
Tue 20th 06:00-14:00 training Acton Wells Rest Day
Wed 21st 06:00-14:00 Kew East
Thu 22nd 06:00-14:00 Gospel Oak
Fri 23rd 06:00-14:00 Gospel Oak
Sat 24th 06:00-14:00 Camden Road

Sun 25th 08:00-19:00 Upper Holloway
Mon 26th 06:00-14:00 Upper Holloway Rest Day
Tue 27th 06:00-14:00 Upper Holloway
Wed 28th 'Strike' (I presume an official NUR strike?)
Thu 29th 06:00-14:00 Upper Holloway
Fri 30th 06:00-14:00 Upper Holloway
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

July 1989-

Sat 1st 06:00-14:00 Upper Holloway

Sun 2nd 19:00-06:00 Upper Holloway
Mon 3rd 18:00-06:00 Upper Holloway
Tue 4th 22:00-06:00 Upper Holloway Rest Day
Wed 5th NUR strike day
Thu 6th 22:00-06:00 Upper Holloway
Fri 7th 22:00-06:00 Upper Holloway
Sat 8th 22:00-08:00 Upper Holloway

Sun 9th Not Available
Mon 10th Lieu Day
Tue 11th 14:00-22:00 Upper Holloway
Wed 12th NUR strike day Rest Day
Thu 13th 14:00-22:00 Upper Holloway
Fri 14th 14:00-22:00 Upper Holloway
Sat 15th 14;00-22:00 Upper Holloway

Sun 16th 08:00-19:00 Upper Holloway
Mon 17th 06:00-14:00 Upper Holloway
Tue 18th NUR strike day Rest Day
Wed 19th 06:00-14:00 Upper Holloway
Thu 20th 06:00-14:00 Upper Holloway
Fri 21st 06:00-14:00 Upper Holloway
Sat 22nd 06:00-14:00 Camden Road

Sun 23rd 19:00-06:00 Willesden High Level
Mon 24th 22:00-06:00 Upper Holloway Rest Day
Tue 25th 22:00-06:00 Upper Holloway
Wed 26th NUR strike day
Thu 27th 22:00-06:00 Upper Holloway
Fri 28th 22:00-06:00 Upper Holloway
Sat 29th 22:00-08:00 Upper Holloway

Sun 30th Not required??.
Mon 31st 06:00-14:00 Neasden Junction then 14:00-18:00 Upper Holloway