None payment of commission from Fotopic

This forum is for all off-topic (ie. non-railway) discussion.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Irishswissernie
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

None payment of commission from Fotopic

Post by Irishswissernie »

Many Railway enthusiasts have Fotopic sites in which they display their images and in the case of Premium sites are able to sell prints etc and earn a small commission which helps fund the site and also spreads information.
I have such a site and it has become increasingly difficult to obtain payment from Fotopic; I now have claims outstanding since the beginning of August despite several e-mails to the fotopic help desk which have just been ignored.
I wonder how many more of us are in the same boat?

regards ERnie
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: None payment of commission from Fotopic

Post by richard »

Do they roll commissions over if they don't meet a certain amount? Both Amazon and Google do this. It avoids them writing cheques or electronic transactions for tiny amounts. Google settle up at the end of the year, but Amazon don't.

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
Irishswissernie

The minimum you can claim is £15, I usually wait until the sum is nearer £30. I have been providing this print service on the fotopic site for over 3 years. In that time I have claimed commission about 10 times and its usually a struggle to get it paid; a couple of reminders is usually required before its paid.
Now its seems to have stopped altogether; currently I have a claim for £44-41 outstanding and there is another £13 odd which has not cleared and is insufficient to claim anyway.
I have advised Fotopic that the Print sale facility has been suspended until I am paid and anyone desiring prints etc is requested on my Galleries to contact me direct.
I don't think I am the only one here, unfortunately with this being an On-line organisation and with all my e-mails just being un=answered/ignored
one is left feeling a bit helpless and frustrated.

Ernie
Irishswissernie

This gets worse!
I have just had an e-mail from someone who purchased a photo on 16 August and despite several e-mails to Fotopic he still has not received it.
My mate DaveF, a member of this Group is also still awaiting payment of claimed commission. His e-mails have been ignored apart from one concerning a technical problem which received an immediate reply!

regards Ernie