The ultimate new build

This forum is for all off-topic (ie. non-railway) discussion.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Mickey

Re: The ultimate new build

Post by Mickey »

Thanks mr B although it's not my joke but it's still a cracker!. :lol:

I dare say even in times of 'extreame adversity' you can usually find someone cracking a joke or two. :wink:
Blink Bonny
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Blink Bonny »

Tee hee! :lol:
If I ain't here, I'm in Bilston, scoffing decent chips at last!!!!
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Clive Palmer, one of Australia's richest men and the finance behind the 'Titanic 2' has announced the maiden voyage, between the UK and the USA, will be in 2016, every person will be given a Edwardian set of clothes, to wear on the voyage, there was no mention of a re-run of 'A night to remember' :twisted:

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

manna wrote:G'Day Gents

Clive Palmer, one of Australia's richest men and the finance behind the 'Titanic 2' has announced the maiden voyage, between the UK and the USA, will be in 2016, every person will be given a Edwardian set of clothes, to wear on the voyage, there was no mention of a re-run of 'A night to remember' :twisted:

manna
To be honest the little bit more i hear of this venture the more 'freaky it sounds'. :?

Wot is the true aim of this thing???. :?

If this ship is going to reinact the maiden voyage of the TITANIC then it MUST sink off Newfoundland over the wreck of the TITANIC??. :shock:

I actually wonder if this guy is a bit 'sick in the head' to be honest i really do. :?
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

It is a big cruise ship designed to look like an infamous ship from a century ago. He's cashing in on its fame - nothing more, nothing less. A bit sick? Quite possibly. We'll see if he'll follow it with a voyage through the Aegean with a 'replica' of the Britannic.
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
third-rail
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by third-rail »

i hope he does not want the first class lounge and staircase out of the white swan at alnwick
i should add for those that do not know that the lounge and stairs came out of the sister ship the olympic
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

third-rail wrote:i hope he does not want the first class lounge and staircase out of the white swan at alnwick
i should add for those that do not know that the lounge and stairs came out of the sister ship the olympic
Myself and i should think 60044 have sat in those very chairs.
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
marksouthcoast
LNER J39 0-6-0

Post by marksouthcoast »

The furnishings came to the hotel in 1935 after the only one of the three sisters to have a normal life span was scrapped. And i dont think a trip on a repo titanic will be for me.
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

I thought the only substantial bit of the Olympic was the state room which is meant to be in a museum in Liverpool somewhere. Makes sense that if they sold one room off, they sold a few more...
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
Bryan
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Bryan »

I have stayed there as well.
One tip do not stay overnight in the front of the hotel when the university has a party in the square.

The students tend to clear off about 03.30 and the council turn up at 05.30 with the lorry emptying the bottle bins.
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

I stayed in a Hotel in Prague that had decor based on the originals from Titanic.
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
Coboman
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by Coboman »

richard wrote:It is a big cruise ship designed to look like an infamous ship from a century ago. He's cashing in on its fame - nothing more, nothing less. A bit sick? Quite possibly. We'll see if he'll follow it with a voyage through the Aegean with a 'replica' of the Britannic.
Quick nameplate change then? :D
Its good to know where you stand. Saves making a fool of yourself later......
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Approximately 5 years on is there anymore news about this project?.

Mickey
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Hit a Iceberg ?? :lol:
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

According to certain press reports from 5 years ago the estimated cost of a exact scale replica ship could vary between £260 million & £400 million pounds.

Mickey