AI TRUST

This forum is for all off-topic (ie. non-railway) discussion.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Boris
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

AI TRUST

Post by Boris »

I see that the trust is paying out the "Unsecured Bearer Bonds" early, on the 31st December but the crafty bit is if you don't see the advert or have moved and not notified them of you new address, so that the letter they send you doesn't find you, then they say they will "have deemed to become waived" and the money they took will be treated as a gift to the trust

Anyone on here take note if you invested in the early days.

advert in "Heritage Railway" issue 179 Aug 1st
EX DARNALL 39B FIREMAN 1947-55
2002EarlMarischal
LNER A3 4-6-2

Re: AI TRUST

Post by 2002EarlMarischal »

Sorry but I have no sympathy for people who don't keep their records in order or advise of changed addresses. How can any organisation be expected to know?

I would not imagine anything underhand in the Trust's actions. Intended or not, that seems to be the implication of what you are saying!

I am a rank and file member of the Trust but otherwise have no vested interest in standing up for them.
JASd17
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by JASd17 »

What ever you are in your head. You are not a member of the Trust. Only a contributor towards its aims.

John
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 65447 »

2002EarlMarischal wrote:Sorry but I have no sympathy for people who don't keep their records in order or advise of changed addresses. How can any organisation be expected to know?

I would not imagine anything underhand in the Trust's actions. Intended or not, that seems to be the implication of what you are saying!

I am a rank and file member of the Trust but otherwise have no vested interest in standing up for them.
Whilst there is a responsibility on you to inform organisations and companies with which you have relationships of changes in personal details, there is also a legal obligation on them to maintain your personal data and ensure that it is accurate, up-to-date, and complete.
Also it must be questionable as to the legality of a unilateral change in the terms and conditions of the bonds.
Boris
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by Boris »

I wasn't by any means getting at the trust.

I put this bit in in case anyone on the site had bonds and had not informed them of any changes to details, as someone said not the trusts fault but just a reminder
EX DARNALL 39B FIREMAN 1947-55
JASd17
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by JASd17 »

I am not 'getting at the Trust' either.

If your aims are the same, there is no problem.

John