Ginger's Diary - an occasional tale from a laptop

This forum is for all off-topic (ie. non-railway) discussion.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

mr B
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Re: Ginger's Diary - an occasional tale from a laptop

Post by mr B »

hi Ginger, my name is very naughty , I dare not say it although I heard daddy say it aloud , my daddy fell in love with me first time we met . I am a lovely new Windows 8 , but I think my new daddy is very cross as he keeps mentioning his lovely miss Vista , because she was so easy to handle .....my new daddy will have to learn to use his fingers more :wink:

mr B
Blink Bonny
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Blink Bonny »

Hello, Very Naughty.

My daddy does not rate Win 8 at all I'm afraid so he's keeping me on Windows 7. He says that's bad enough for him!' I am so glad that Mummy (Mrs BB) has hidden his large hammer. It scares me. I've heard Other Computers yelp when he hit them with it.

So being a God Girl. I think......

I hope!

Best thing to do is to being your Daddy to as many train sites as you can find. They always calm mine down. He even smiles at some of them and he's from Yorkshire!

Have fun
Ginger
If I ain't here, I'm in Bilston, scoffing decent chips at last!!!!
Blink Bonny
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Blink Bonny »

hello, everyone!

daddy has done it this time! What's he done? He's only gone and bought a bloody iPad, that's all! 2nd hand so could be worse but I hope his Wallet kills him, I really do.

IPads? The frozen limit or what???????
Blink Bonny
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Blink Bonny »

Hello, Friends!

Well, the iPad has settled down and Daddy has said Unforgivable Things about it's email format. I don't think he likes the emails very much so Don and I are very much OK. We will keep trying to tell this Apple thing that she's onto a good thing here. Mind you I've always found Apple computers to be very stuck-up and disdainful of we "mere" Microsofts. Remember this - you Apples need a translator program to talk to the Net, we Windows machines don't.

So remind me, what language does the Net speak?

I thank you!

Now, I am a bit worried that Daddy, it seems, is a secret Mac fan. Should I be worried?

Happy Christmas to laptops and desktops everywhere, be you PC or Mac.

Ginger
Blink Bonny
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Blink Bonny »

Hello friends.

We have had to say goodbye to two computers.

Fred, the desktop, has fried his motherboard so RIP Fred. He's been with us for a long time and has done well. His hard drives will live on in his replacement.

Also Syd, Mummy's new 2nd hand laptop has passed away. Same problem.

On the plus side, Daddy is being baffled by an iPhone but he's found the camera in it and is annoying the cats by taking thousands of pictures with it. I think Daddy has come into the 21st Century having missed the 20th out altogether!