Railway ghost walks it??

This forum is for the discussion of all railway subjects that do not include the LNER, and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Mickey

Railway ghost walks it??

Post by Mickey »

Upper Holloway s/box at 2:15am at Upper Holloway station on the Gospel Oak-Barkng line on 19/05/16.

At around 2:10am it was as 'quiet as the grave' outside the box at Upper Holloway with the station lights twinkling in the darkness of the early morning hours of a lonely Thursday morning as a few drops of rain appeared on the box windows. In the gloomy atmosphere of the box the interior of which was lit by the dimmed down ceiling lights over the panel & book (just like the old days) the box phone rings out breaking the silence it was a COSS giving up a 'Line Blockage' on the Down road at Crouch Hill station after doing some work there and now he's finished and was going home.

The 'Line Blockage' form was completed and I sat back down again but after sitting down for about a minute I heard a slight crunching sound on the ballast outside the box (usually it's foxes but it's always a bit of a heart stopping moment when working alone at a isolated location during the dark early hours of the morning all the same) so I got out of the chair and looked out of the rain splashed windows down towards the empty station platforms and along the lighted walkway to the box but there wasn't anything to be seen so I walked to the other end of the box (the door & staircase end) and wot looked like a 'headless figure'(??) dressed in a white'ish coloured cape from neck to feet (no head was seen??) was seen disappearing out of the lighted shadows near the box and walking into the darkness beyond along the Down road towards Junction Road Junction a quarter of a mile away.

Mickey
Last edited by Mickey on Fri May 20, 2016 5:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
StevieG
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: The ghost walks tonight??

Post by StevieG »

... 'the early hours of' which date Mickey?
It's still the 19th May at the moment, and I'm guessing that you don't mean 1916. :) :)
[ 2015 ? ]
BZOH

/
\ \ \ //\ \
/// \ \ \ \