Trains back to East Lancs from the Yorkshire coast 1960sHi

This forum is for the discussion of all railway subjects that do not include the LNER, and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

NER Y7 0-4-0T

Trains back to East Lancs from the Yorkshire coast 1960sHi

Post by 48218 »

Hi everyone,

I've been researching the North Lancashire loop line now for about seven years. It was a branch line that diverted off the East Lancs line just outside Blackburn and reconnected in the east at Rose Grove (Burnley). It served the towns of Great Harwood, Padiham, and rural Simonstone.

I was told about a topic on here from I think 2011 regarding the Hull/Scarborough lines in the 1960s. The opening post by Solario includes a spot from his garden in Cottingham 11 July 1964 of a train from Scarborough to Padiham (on the above loop line).

The thing is - this was a wakes week return train to Padiham in 1964 - all known text states they stopped (from Padiham & Great Harwood) in 1963.

Do any of you great people have any spotting notes of trains running back to East Lancs? especially Padiham or Great Harwood around 1963, '64' or possibly '65.

Thanks,
Andy.