Teesside Locomotive Liveries

This forum is for the discussion of all railway subjects that do not include the LNER, and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Greedy Boards
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Teesside Locomotive Liveries

Post by Greedy Boards »

Hi

Hattons recent announcement of their Andrew Barclay's 0-4-0ST, got me thinking about various industrial locomotives that could be found operating on the south and north banks of the River Tees. Whilst RCTS images suggest a variety of locomotives in a number of local companies, they only provide imagery in black and white.

Consequently, would anybody have information to share on what liveries these locomotives might have had, for the following companies: Dorman Long and Co Ltd; South Durham Steel and Iron Ltd (incl Cargo Fleet Iron Works); Gjers, Mills and Co Ltd; Pease and Partners Ltd (Normanby Iron Works); and Skinningrove Iron Co Ltd.

I believe that I have details on Dorman Long that suggest a black livery with yellow lining, and yellow side bars and buffers, but would appreciate any confirmation.

Many thnaks

Greedy Boards
North Eastern Matters