Trains around Hatfield in the 1950s

This forum is for the discussion of all railway subjects that do not include the LNER, and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Mickey

Trains around Hatfield in the 1950s

Post by Mickey »

Featuring ex-LNER steam with a few B.R. standards and early diesels thrown in for good measure and probably filmed around the Marshmoor & Redhall area south of Hatfield during the 1950s.

http://www.ourhatfield.org.uk/content/p ... h_hatfield
Last edited by Mickey on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
StevieG
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Trains around Hatfield (in the 1950s)

Post by StevieG »

With most of these shots showing 5 or 6 roads, and annotated "Birchwood" or "Mount Pleasant" Mickey, I'd say they were all taken in N. Hatfield not far from the Hertford Road overbridge (A414).
BZOH

/
\ \ \ //\ \
/// \ \ \ \
giner
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Trains around Hatfield (in the 1950s)

Post by giner »

That's a nice little selection there, Mickey. Thanks.
Mickey

Re: Trains around Hatfield in the 1950s

Post by Mickey »

StevieG wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:24 pm With most of these shots showing 5 or 6 roads, and annotated "Birchwood" or "Mount Pleasant" Mickey, I'd say they were all taken in N. Hatfield not far from the Hertford Road overbridge (A414).
I dare say that your correct Stevie and to be honest I only just glanced at the photos and assumed that with the open country behind several of them that they were taken south of Hatfield around Redhall and Marshmoor.
Last edited by Mickey on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mickey

Re: Trains around Hatfield in the 1950s

Post by Mickey »

giner wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:59 am That's a nice little selection there, Mickey. Thanks.
I thought that you mite like them giner to remind you of the good old days on the main line at Hatfield.

I think the last few have been duplicated with several other photos above?.