Deckless level-crossings - track scrambles.

This forum is for the discussion of all railway subjects that do not include the LNER, and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Nimbus
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Deckless level-crossings - track scrambles.

Post by Nimbus »

Can anybody tell me if the following two public footpath level-crossings are still bare track and undecked - both north of York :-

Tollerton ( SE512650 )

Sandy Lane, Alne ( SE507658 )

Many thanks!
andy brown
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Re: Deckless level-crossings - track scrambles.

Post by andy brown »

Hi,
I have a list of Crossings but it is not a full list. Does anyone have a full list of the Bridges and their names and mileages in a Bridge Register for Kings Cross to Doncaster and also the names of the original list of Accommodation and Occupation Crossings for Kings Cross to Doncaster

I have Sandy Lane Crossing North of York at 10 miles 51 chains - it is an open public Footpath Crossing. There is also an unnamed Public Footpath Crossing at 10 miles 4 chains. Tollerton is 9 miles 55 Chains - Former Station.

My E-Mail is a.brown.125@hotmail.com

Regards
Andy Brown
Nimbus
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Re: Deckless level-crossings - track scrambles.

Post by Nimbus »

Sorry for the late reply.

It's up-to-the-minute information I'm after, as the technicalities of crossings change quickly these days - overlaid barriers, new lights, etc, etc.

I'm not sure how many foot-crossings survive 'undecked'? There are two near me, on a main-line route. A NR publication states that it will be 2030 before all such have decking. ( Good luck with your pram or disability buggy before then! And that's once you've dragged them over a stile, of course. . . )