A retirement present to myself

This forum is for the discussion of all railway subjects that do not include the LNER, and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

A retirement present to myself

Post by Robpulham »

Those who have been around a while or who attended Chris's exhibition at Locomotion last year will recall this painting.

I have long fancied a loco cabside plate and I have looked at a few at shows/railwayana events but I haven't really been in a position to buy before. To my surprise and delight a cabside plate off 60114 came up recently and I was able to negotiate the purchase of it as my retirement present to myself.

I am not certain that it's genuine but if it isn't I don't care, I love it for its association with Chris's painting and that's enough for me.

Dave
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: A retirement present to myself

Post by Dave »

Nice Rob...enjoy your retirement, no excuses now for not completing all those projects.
I go part time next month.
WTTReprinter
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by WTTReprinter »

Don't say that.
I retired in April and I don't know how I found time to go to work! I am enjoying it though.
Thanks.
WTT Reprinter
http://wttreprints.uk/
Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Robpulham »

Thanks Gents,

I haven't worked for almost a month but I have been so busy preparing for moving that retirement hasn't really sunk in yet.