NYMR idea

This forum is for the discussion of all railway subjects that do not include the LNER, and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Tom Quayle
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

NYMR idea

Post by Tom Quayle »

With the North York Moors Rly staging a gala with the biggest roster for years now I thought it would be a good idea if other people apart from myself were going it would be a good idea to meet up. This would also benifit people on a 1st time visit looking for good shots. There is a good Campsite near Goathland (grid 831,003) and 2 Pubs in Goathland itself which Ive herd are quite good. (Grid refenece on OS Landranger Map no 94 Whitby and Eskdale). If anyone is visiting the gala and wants to do the climb to the summit and get good shots without paying the £68 for lineside pass and friend of the railway charges I found a great route last time I was there. I have used to campsites in the area the one at Goathland is a simple affer but has all you need and Wayside (Pickering) which is more expencive but more up market and (I think) also does Carvan hire.
[/i]