Loco Diagram Database/Repository

This forum is for the discussion of all railway subjects that do not include the LNER, and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Mickey
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Re: Loco Diagram Database/Repository

Post by Mickey »

When I was a second man at Kings Cross (1974-75) I liked the 'Cambridge jobs' in the 4A gang which Kings Cross had a small number of during the early/mid-1970s. Apart from the double-Cambridge that has already been previously mentioned I liked a couple of Cambridge jobs at 'the cross' that departed Kings Cross during the late weekdays afternoons which were both loco-hauled with class 31s providing the motive power and usually hauling 8 or 9 blue/grey B.R.Mk1s.

At Cambridge before the return run back up to 'the cross' If you was lucky especially if you were with your regular driver he might say "Do you want to drive?" (a silly question ha ha ha...) or after having coupled up at Cambridge for the return run back up to 'the cross' you would get back on board the loco only to find your driver sitting in the second man's seat so you knew straight away you was in for a driver!.

The Brush Type 2 (class 31) was an easy loco to drive and is still my favorite diesel locomotive class from the first generation of diesel locos that were in operation on B.R. during the late 1950s through to the early 1980s in either original B.R. two-tone green livery or British Rail blue livery before all those 'crazy' other liveries appeared such as the grey/orange/black (Jaffer cake) livery and the rest of the silly color schemes that appeared during the later 1980s and 1990s.
Original start date of 2010 on the LNER forum and previously posted 4500+ posts.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Bit of a boring job at Kings Cross for a secondman during the 1970s and his driver was 'Engine Movements' in passenger loco which involved sitting in the foremans lobby for around 5-6 hours and working under the formans orders moving locos around on passenger loco. For a secondman that meant leaving the foremans lobby with his driver and then pulling a few point handles over for the loco that was being moved around passenger loco which at 'the cross' was Deltics, Brush type 2s & 4s and the odd class 46 'peak' and then going back to the foremans lobby and sitting around waiting to go home!. Some locomen may have liked Engine Movements but I always wanted to be out on the open road!.
Original start date of 2010 on the LNER forum and previously posted 4500+ posts.
rockinjohn
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by rockinjohn »

Hi Mickey always amazed how long it took from arrival platform end to Loco @ the "X" irrespective of class of steam or diesel loco with all the movements just to get into the milk dock then loco yard, saw most classes over time not J50/J52 or 08, but only saw the one derailment coming from the dock to loco an L1 tank,which gummed up everything for a couple of hours, help top shed!jj
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

rockinjohn wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:00 am Hi Mickey always amazed how long it took from arrival platform end to Loco @ the "X" irrespective of class of steam or diesel loco with all the movements just to get into the milk dock then loco yard,
I suppose it depended on what other movements mite have been going on at the sametimejj. From a faded memory of 50+ years ago I believe most of the light engine movements heading from most of the main line platforms in the station were routed onto the Down Main/Fast no.1 line into Gasworks tunnel the center tunnel before stopping and then 'getting the road' and setting back out of the tunnel and heading back over to the Milk dock and onto passenger loco, also the Down Main/Fast no.2 line the left-hand tunnel from memory was sometimes used as well.

When I was a secondman at Kings Cross (1974-75) I don't ever recall ever sitting in the 'back cab' of a diesel when the loco that I was on was setting back out of Gasworks tunnel and running across into the Milk dock I would always stay with the driver in the driving cab when the loco was setting back out of Gasworks tunnel and running across into the Milk dock although nowadays or probably over the last 25-30 years that way of working wouldn't be allowed the driver would have to 'change ends' inside Gasworks tunnel and then drive the loco from 'the right cab' heading back across to the Milk dock if the Milk dock was still there which it isn't.
03piggs
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by 03piggs »

Hi all, 

This has been created to house digital Loco & Unit Workings from 1948-1997.

Below are the links to the various Regions

ER: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

LMR: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

NER: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

ScR: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

SR: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

WR: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Please Note: Not all folders will contain diagrams as this is still a work in progress.
If you can contribute any documents, please let me know privately. 

Stuart Pigg
Loco & Multiple Unit Workings Drive Owner 
On Instagram: woodbourne_modelrailway.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Stu the Eastern Region diesel folder dated April 1981 appears to be the last class 55 Deltic loco hauled workings on the ECML.
03piggs
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by 03piggs »

Hi Mickey,

Yes they should be. These were posted on the old British railways Yahoo Group a while back

Stu
03piggs
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by 03piggs »

Hi all,

The links for this drive on the other thread (Loco & Multiple Units Diagrams/Workings on Google Drive) have bee disabled.

This is due to an email I have received threatening legal action over this drive.

Until this dispute has been resolved, I regret to say that this data base will be suspended.

Many apologies,

Stuart Pigg
03piggs
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by 03piggs »

Hi all,

The links for this drive on the other thread (Loco & Multiple Units Diagrams/Workings on Google Drive) should be re-activated this week.

A post will be made on that thread when it has been reactivated.

Many apologies for those who have tried to access it,

Stuart Pigg