WCML finished 'not yet'

This forum is for the discussion of all railway subjects that do not include the LNER, and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Tom Quayle
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

WCML finished 'not yet'

Post by Tom Quayle »

The WCML update plan is not quite finished as advertised. I have photographic proof to get a Branson this time. The adverts say 'New Trains, new tracks, new timetable' but now only one is true and thats New Timetable, the trains arn't exactly new anymore and not all the track is new, infact when I was at lowgill over the weekend filming track work the only thing that was replaced was the sleepers and a fresh load of ballest. For those who are interested in use were 66s nos 184, 169, 102, 157, 140 and 237
Wandering1500
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Post by Wandering1500 »

Christ, give the bloke a chance, renovating many miles of railway isn't an easy task, and i'm sure its not made easier with nitpickers like yourself sniping him at every opportunity.

David
Tom Quayle
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by Tom Quayle »

Not not so much nitpicking its that fact that everywhere in my area atleast the WCML is advertised as finished thats what I was getting at and it was not so much directed at branson him self but you have to admit the 87s and 90s looked better and the MK3s were easier to bair on a journey compared to the newer stock, mind you I only do Lancaster to Warrington so the Cross Country trains are more conviniant and the voyagers are a pain. By 4:00 the floors are coated in rubish and theres a potant smell from the 1st class end of the train caused by the toilets begining to back up do to over use, you would think that to alevitate this cl47/57+MK2 rakes would be used on non WCML services to relace more voyagers to make more peoples journeys bearable. With the intro of the new 185 units I am tempted to run from Barrow to Mancester and change onto the Llandudno 175 to eliminate having to use Bransons Backside pain on rails that is the 220/221 why is it that the 222s are more comfertable and seem more traveller friendly.