GCR super gala could happern in October

This forum is for the discussion of all railway subjects that do not include the LNER, and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

LNERandBR
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by LNERandBR »

If its operational by the time this garla is going to take place then use it.
By Stephen

Mad about the LNER, BR Eastern region in the 50's, Rail Blue Diesels and Sectorisation era.
Tom Quayle
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by Tom Quayle »

Thats what my reservations were and of course the overhaul of 63395 is not finished yet. We should get atleast 1 of them
The weather here is Baltic but so were the tank engines
Furness Railway and GCR fan.
125mph tilt vs 126.5mph duck
Advanced North West Productions.
LNERandBR
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by LNERandBR »

Well if the Q6 isnt finished by the time of the garla get the 9F or the Super D to fill its place.

Same apples to the 8F. If it ant working get a visitor in to cover for it.
By Stephen

Mad about the LNER, BR Eastern region in the 50's, Rail Blue Diesels and Sectorisation era.
Wandering1500
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Post by Wandering1500 »

I quote:-
Andy wrote:
Jamie C. Steel wrote: The more you say, the less I believe that you are actually working in conjunction with the railway, are you related to George Denscombe in any way shape or form?
Jamie,

This all sounds like rubbish, I wouldn't give this person any more attention and it would be best to leave it there. The GC's volunteers and paid staff organise gala events and I believe this person is either seeking attention or having a wind up at other people's expense.

Regards
Andy
And I beleive the above, too!
Jamie C. Steel
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Jamie C. Steel »

Tom Quayle wrote:The 8f is another possibility and no 9f will meen that bringing in 1 loco is all that is needed. I didn't put due to only the tender being at the GCR when this tread started
And only the Tender is still at the GCR.....the Locomotive itself is still at Crewe.
Tom Quayle wrote:We should get atleast 1 of them
Who is this 'we'? I dont believe 'you' are part of the GCR, therefore 'we' should in theory be 'I'.
Great Central Railway - Trainee Guard, Travelling Ticket Inspector, Platform Inspector (Loughborough) and Porter (Quorn & Woodhouse)