Memories

This forum is for the discussion of all railway subjects that do not include the LNER, and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Memories

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Hi PinzaC55

That is exactly the sort of memory that sticks in your mind for ever. :D I have one of 60015 Quicksilver, at Wood Green, it'll never go away.

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
tradewinds
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by tradewinds »

manna wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:05 am
tradewinds wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:49 am Good evening Manna,

I have this project for school where I want to collect a bunch of railway stories from loads of people, write them down word for word in an anthology of sorts, and preserve them for future generations. Those types of stories are invaluable parts of railway history, I think.

I was wondering if I could use a couple of your stories for this project. They are truly amazing stories, and I think people would really enjoy them.

Thank you for your time,

Tradewinds
G'Day Tradewinds.

By all means use them, just credit them to 'Manna c/o LNER Encyclopedia'. Thanks.

manna
Hi Manna,

I’ll be sure to do that. Thank you so much, sir.

Tradewinds
terrym15
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by terrym15 »

Manna
You are correct I remember that canker was a fireman at KX Loco when I was their, everyone took the P**S out of him, one day he had an ear infection and nobody would go near him, he finally transferred to Hitchin depot as he had had enough, and they started on him.