Atlantic's works: Portable layout update

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Atlantic's works: A Mogul Moment or Two.

Post by manna »

G'day Gents

Great looking everyday workhorse, could I be tempted, Hmmmmm :D

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
davidwest
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by davidwest »

Tempted already there!
S.A.C. Martin

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

Excellent work Graeme. As with the P2 noses, count me in - a K2 would be delightful, and having now built two of my three GK V2s and several Thommos, I can honestly say "we've never had it so good". Well done.
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by 2006 »

Hmmm, I'd definitely be interested in a K2, it might be just the cure for this BR sectorisation thing I've been suffering from recently :oops:
Mercator II
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by Mercator II »

Another excellent creation Graeme, whilst the K2 is not currently on my list of likes, as already said, I will be very interested in a P2 when you later return to that project, especially having seen yours in the flesh

If your at Cleethorpes in a few weeks, I look forward to seeing this latest one in the flesh

Thanks for sharing
oOo

Brian

Garage Hobbit!!
Modelling in 00 on my heritage line, very GCR inspired
IAK
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by IAK »

WOW 8)
Ones creativity is remarkable sir = BRAVO!
Small additional increments are transformative.

http://padgateworks.wordpress.com/
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Creativity was encouraged in this case, to some extent, by that good old mother of invention; necessity. I had no K2, Grantham had no guaranteed availability K2s but certainly needed some, time and money would be a bit of a problem if contemplating (say) LRM kits, and the realisation that I had V3 chassis that could perhaps be used on top of which I'd already done the GN tender mould over Christmas, all definitely "suggested" creativity along these lines.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Flying Fox 34F
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by Flying Fox 34F »

Now I've caught up with everthing, all I can say is that you are a master or the resin.
Put me down for a K2 or two! I'm happy to wait until well after our Grantham Bunfight in September
Paul 4475

p.s. Keep watch for a 4-8-2 update, it is sat on the bench with a metal bits and cables lying around. The Mojo has returned :D
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Flying Fox 34F wrote:
p.s. Keep watch for a 4-8-2 update
That's more like it. I'm keen to see the final result.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

DID SOMEBODY READING THIS FORUM ASK ME FOR A SET OF PARTS FOR A W1 CONVERSION IN RECENT WEEKS?

I have to confess to utter lack of organisation as I suspect such a request was made but I cannot trace the original message. If that person is still interested would they please get in touch again? Thanks

S.A.C. Martin

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

Hi Graeme - before I forget (and I keep forgetting!) thanks for getting those parts I needed to me so swiftly a few months back. Has made rebuilding this a lot easier. Nearly done now!

Sun Castle
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Always good to see another new loco in LNER green.

Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Whilst the need to complete the Appleby-Frodingham hopper fleet and a couple of P2 locos is not forgotten, latest progress is with the fettling and fitting of resin castings for K2 bodies and tenders. The three "extra" tenders apparent in this picture won't be going spare by the way as there are three other GN locos that ought to be built in readiness for Grantham's "proper" debut in September. As one of these K2s is to be resident on Grantham, it will have to be decided whether it is to have one of the pre-1912 tenders with hand loops at the top front corners, or one of the post-1912 type with solid sidesheets. Perhaps 4479 will advise? It won't be possible to keep all of the tenders interchangeable as the three not for use behind the K2s will be plain black, those for the K2s requiring red lining.

So where do I go after this K2 episode? Everest perhaps?
STA80010.JPG
STA80011.JPG

Saint Johnstoun
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Saint Johnstoun »

Next move Graeme - a side window cab?
Pebbles
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by Pebbles »

Moving ever closer to a O1, although finding a suitable chassis could be a problem.