Goathland/Grosmont Track plan

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Jammie667
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Goathland/Grosmont Track plan

Post by Jammie667 »

i was wondering whether anyone would be able to find some track plans or aerial photographs of Goathland/Grosmont stations. preferably from before the NYMR took ownership of the line if possible.
If pictures cannot be found then any literiture which may have plans or photographs in would also be a big help.
Also information on what sort of locomotives would have run the line would be helpful.

Thanks
James :)

God Save The Steam!
Tom Quayle
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by Tom Quayle »

I can produce track plans of the current format from my visits but cannot help with pre NYMR plans
The weather here is Baltic but so were the tank engines
Furness Railway and GCR fan.
125mph tilt vs 126.5mph duck
Advanced North West Productions.
Jammie667
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Post by Jammie667 »

any help is much appreciated Tom. current trackplans are welcome, i would take pictures myself but lack a digital camera and don't have to cash to purchase one at the moment. however i hope to have one before the spring steam gala. current track layout will give me a good starting platform for a model layout, haven't decided which to use yet, if i had the space i would love to recreate the line between the two stations.

God Save The Steam!
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

There are almost certainly some books available with the plans. Partly because it is a prominent preserved line, but also a historically interesting one.

For books still in print, the NYMR's bookshop might be a good place to start?

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
sir-nigel
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by sir-nigel »

try here for aerial views http://www.trainspots.co.uk/locpage.php?ts_number=35 plus theres also a one of the grosmont depot.
LNERandBR
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by LNERandBR »

I have Microsoft Train Sim and there is a route called the Yourkshire Coast route and its trackplan dates form around 1910 if you want I'll take some screenshots of the areas around Gromont and Goatland with the Activity Editor for you that will give you some track plans.
By Stephen

Mad about the LNER, BR Eastern region in the 50's, Rail Blue Diesels and Sectorisation era.
Jammie667
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Post by Jammie667 »

that would be excellent stephen, thankyou. if you would be so kind as to email me them, that would be brilliant. my address is jammie_667@hotmail.com.

God Save The Steam!
LNERandBR
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by LNERandBR »

Will do lol :lol:
By Stephen

Mad about the LNER, BR Eastern region in the 50's, Rail Blue Diesels and Sectorisation era.