Pre Grouping carriages in LNER service

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Crews hill
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Pre Grouping carriages in LNER service

Post by Crews hill »

I am trying to put together a list of Diagram codes for carriages taken on by the LNER at its inception.
Is anyone able to point me in the right direction as to detail on GNR vehicles and the LNER codes that such vehicles were given.
An example would be an Articulated Composite Twin to GNR 164E was given the LNER code 4088.
Thanks in advance for any help provided in this connection.
Best regards
billbedford
H&BR Q10 0-8-0

Re: Pre Grouping carriages in LNER service

Post by billbedford »

Crews hill wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 am I am trying to put together a list of Diagram codes for carriages taken on by the LNER at its inception.
Is anyone able to point me in the right direction as to detail on GNR vehicles and the LNER codes that such vehicles were given.
An example would be an Articulated Composite Twin to GNR 164E was given the LNER code 4088.
The LNER Hollerith codes were not introduced until the mid 1930s, so there are many coach types that were take over by the LNER which never received these codes.
Bill Bedford
Mousa Models
http://www.mousa-models.co.uk
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

For the GN, your best bet will be the books published by Terry Henderson through the GNRS.

http://www.gnrsociety.com/page8.html
Crews hill
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Post by Crews hill »

Thanks for the replies received on this thread.
Regards