1875 North Eastern Proxy Form

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

mkc
NER Y7 0-4-0T

1875 North Eastern Proxy Form

Post by mkc »

Good afternoon, I have, if of interest to anyone a 1875 North Eastern Railway voting proxy form. Its in great condition, un used but does have a half penny red, Queen Victoria stamp on the front with Post mark.

York 27th May 1875

Sirs,
I beg to inform you that in accordance with the Standing Orders of Parliament a SPECIAL or EXTRAORDINARY MEETING of the Proprietos of the NORTH EASTERN RAILWAY COMPANY will be held at the Board Room in the Railway Station in the City of York, 11th June

It goes on regarding a Bill in Parliament regarding the authorising the Lease and Transfer of the Whitby Redcar and Middleborugh union Railway

Is this of any interest to anyone? Im breaking up my school boy stamp collection

Kind regards
tomburnham
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Re: 1875 North Eastern Proxy Form

Post by tomburnham »

Hi,
You could consider donating it to the North Eastern Railway Association and I'm sure the Archivist would happy to receive it. He can be contacted here - archivist@ner.org.uk
Tom.
Member of the North Eastern Railway Association Archive Team

https://ner.org.uk/