Spennymoor Station

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

MadaboutA4
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Spennymoor Station

Post by MadaboutA4 »

I'm looking for any information/Photos regarding Spennymoor station of c1950 it can be from any books or references that are non internet. I have few research photos and one areal view of the station, any other pictures of the signal box,rail line or station building would be really useful.

Thanks
S.R
******************MADABOUTA4**************************
Passionate about Steam locomotives (epically A4s) and the history behind the steam
Volunteer @ Locomotion Shildon (NRM) 2016 - 19
drmditch

Re: Spennymoor Station

Post by drmditch »

I have seen something about Spennymoor in one or other of my books. I will try and look it up later.
In the meantime have you seen these resources:-

....Spennymoor Station...
on the Disused Stations website.

You can also track to it on the invaluable National Library of Scotland facility :-
.... here...

This hives you a side-by side comparison of OS Maps and a recent satellite scan.
WARNING - this can be completely absorbing and occupy hours and hours that should be spent building railways!
PinzaC55
LNER A3 4-6-2

Re: Spennymoor Station

Post by PinzaC55 »

If you are able to visit the Public Record Office in Kew it should be your first port of call. They are bound to have something.