More excellent documents from NERA

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

drmditch

More excellent documents from NERA

Post by drmditch »

Just in time for Easter Holiday reading, my postman has delivered:-

Line Diagrams of the NER for the Ferryhill, Durham and Bishop Auckland Branches
... .. Stainmore Line and Branches

and, treat of treats (and this is a much better Easter present than any combination of sugar-laden imitation chocolates)

The LNER Engineers' Catalogue of Materials for Concrete Articles from January 1947.

At last I can construct one of the Standard Concrete Huts.

Many, many thanks to NERA .... website here.... for all the hard work.
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: More excellent documents from NERA

Post by 65447 »

Except the Sales List only has items up to November 2016 and even then at least one older item (LNER Carriage Diagrams) is missing.

Had you posted a query on here, you may have had sight of the Concrete Hut pages sooner :wink:
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

NER Model list is from 2005 as well. Most of the companys listed are long gone.
drmditch

Post by drmditch »

Oh dear. We'll I am afraid there are many institutions in this 21st century which do not update their websites regularly.

I ordered mine from the latest lists published with the latest NER Express.
The detail about the line I live beside and travel frequently (although not in today's weather) is interesting, although I am still trying to discover more about the West Durham Railway.

The Concrete Hut will be made, but there are bridges to be built first!
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 65447 »

Could I ask which version of the Concrete Articles catalogue NERA has reproduced, as the content varied somewhat according to Area?
PinzaC55
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by PinzaC55 »

We need concrete details.
drmditch

Post by drmditch »

65447 wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:06 am Could I ask which version of the Concrete Articles catalogue NERA has reproduced, as the content varied somewhat according to Area?
It is the 'All Line' Catalogue issued by the Chief Engineer's Office in January 1947.

The preface states that this was intended to replace individual area designs, although in practice this may have been qualified.

'Such (ie non-standard) units must only be requisitioned when an All-line Standard unit in the general Catalogue is unsuitable as a replacement.'

If anybody wants ordering details I will add them when I get back to my normal computer!