LNER A3 Salmon Trout

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Theodore
NER Y7 0-4-0T

LNER A3 Salmon Trout

Post by Theodore »

Hi,

I am probably imagining things, but I thought I read somewhere that the boiler and cylinders of LNER A3 Salmon Trout survived? Anybody heard anything. I know they found some boilers of some older British locomotives in a factory, which could be used for a variety of replicas. Anybody know anything?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
http://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4262
Small Business Marketing Company

Thanks!
silverfox
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Re: LNER A3 Salmon Trout

Post by silverfox »

IIRC i visited Carnforth back in 1977 is and there was a spare boiler there, which was noted as being from 41 and a spare for Scotsman.

What has happened to it since i know not, but would imagine it is somwhere in store
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Iirc. 'The Flying Scotsman' now has a A3 boiler, the spare A4 boiler was sold to the people that own Bittern.

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

That is the one. It used to be the sign for Steamtown as you entered the car park. Because it had been painted every year it was apparently in far better condition than might have been expected and so was refurbished by the NRM.