NER Autocar - restoration progress

This forum is for news and announcements concerning the LNER, or this website.

Moderators: 52D, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard, Tom F

sawdust
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Re: NER Autocar - restoration progress

Post by sawdust » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:39 pm

I'm in complete agreement, well done!

Sawdust.

richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:51 pm

congrats!
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia

Autocar Publicity
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Autocar Publicity » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:55 pm

Thankyou all. The newsletter has been sent out (12th/13th December) and should either be with members now or in the very near future. Plenty of rather good pictures, I was spoilt for choice. The Trust's AGM is in January and the paperwork associated with this went out with the newsletter and other bits and bats.

News from Sheffield is that Rails have received a 'healthy' number of pre-orders and the model was given coverage in Warners/BRM/RM Web videos from Warley. (Rails' flyer is attached below).

No posts yet on 2019 running dates at Embsay or visits elsewhere but it is only a matter of time before we'll be able to announce these. As the cliche goes, watch this space... and a Happy Christmas to you all.
Rails flyer R.jpg

Autocar Publicity
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Autocar Publicity » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:32 pm

Running dates at Embsay - if you see https://www.embsayboltonabbeyrailway.or ... /timetable for details, but basically Easter - July on Wednesdays and then most of the first week in September and the remaining Wednesdays that month. The first three Sundays in November. You can buy tickets online and I've been told the four inaugural running days round Easter are c75% booked already.

Autocar Publicity
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Autocar Publicity » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:53 pm

And a couple of pictures from the HRA awards dinner/presentation:
Manisty award R (RJ).jpg
The Manisty Award, courtesy Robin Jones of Heritage Railway (https://www.heritagerailway.co.uk/)

And I can now reveal we also won another award, the Rail Express Modern Traction Award. (https://www.railexpress.co.uk/)
Modern Traction award (RJ).jpg
Photo courtesy of an un-named attendee using a member's phone.

I guess it shows the nature of the project, that we've won awards for a restoration and for a 'modern' powerunit.