Gresley 100 Gala

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Gresley 100 Gala

Post by richard »

Sorry - forgot the G5 :-)
There are a lot of new build projects around but the P2 and G5 look to be the next LNER designs to steam.

Lottery funding has been lined up for the J21. I don't think actual work has started but my understanding is that site prep has (making space for it, etc).

Also not sure of the exact status of Blue Peter, but understand it is "next in line" or something like that, with some minor prep started (stripping of fittings, etc)

Another one I forgot was A3 Flying Scotsman!
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
sawdust
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Re: Gresley 100 Gala

Post by sawdust »

richard wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:12 pm Sorry - forgot the G5 :-)
There are a lot of new build projects around but the P2 and G5 look to be the next LNER designs to steam.

Lottery funding has been lined up for the J21. I don't think actual work has started but my understanding is that site prep has (making space for it, etc).

Also not sure of the exact status of Blue Peter, but understand it is "next in line" or something like that, with some minor prep started (stripping of fittings, etc)

Another one I forgot was A3 Flying Scotsman!
The A2 is beyond that stage now, although I haven't heard how it's progressing a new middle cylinder block was cast over a year ago from the A1 pattern.

Sawdust.