Edgware GN. What next.

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Dave
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Edgware GN. C1 + A Robinson B1 & B9 ...

Post by Dave »

Evening Manna.
I Like the P1, I wish I could build locos like you and as quick, I have several stalled loco projects.
All the best.
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'day Gents

Atso, I'll try that, even though I'll have to change all the wheel set around.

Dave, the C1-B1 will take a bit longer to finish, Valve gear, gets me nervous, even though it is'n't much.

Also, started to build 'The Hale', blocks of wood for the base and ply for the top, this will be overlayed with planks, which will be recycled Xmas cards. A large block of plastering has been added to the foreground on Mill Hill, got to get rid of all the bare boards.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3552.JPG
DSCF3553.JPG
DSCF3555.JPG
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Been plodding on with all sorts of odd jobs, can't really get stuck into loco building, I'm re-building some more Hornby motorized tenders with GN features, for the J1, C2, and D3, the main body shells are built and filler has been used to tidy some rough bits, I'll clean them up when they are dry.

I've had a building print that I bought off of E-Bay quite a few years ago, I've finally got round to cutting it out and sticking it to a pre paint board, it's not a perfect copy of the building that dominated the view behind Edgware station.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3611.JPG
DSCF3624.JPG
DSCF3625.JPG
Mercator II
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by Mercator II »

Hey

Liking your conversations

Anymore happened to the P1? Something I am tempted with myself
oOo

Brian

Garage Hobbit!!
Modelling in 00 on my heritage line, very GCR inspired
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'day Gents

Not much done at the moment, but I'm rising again, sometimes I get a mental block on how to do a bit, so I stop work for a while, while I think about it, it usually works :roll:

manna
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

A small improvement to the P1, I've cleaned up the cylinders, and built a front pony out of some stuff from the spares box. Not a lot going to be happening for a while, the wife's about to come to come out of hospital after having a cancer cut out of her leg, going to be at least a week before she can get up again, so I'm being drafted to act as a willing slave.......... :lol: :lol:

manna
Attachments
DSCF3633.JPG
DSCF3632.JPG
Dave
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Edgware GN. Gresley P1 2-8-2

Post by Dave »

Hope she recovers soon. What are you cooking...soup, soup and more soup, all microwaved.
JASd17
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by JASd17 »

A bit warm for soup?

There was a model of a P1 on the LNER stand at Doncaster last weekend, it was much admired. I think BWR in this case.

John
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Not quite, soup soup soup!.......... Salad salad salad, Warm here at the moment, She's back home, feels a lot better, you don't get a lot of rest in Hospital. :lol:

manna
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

The Wife's back on her feet, stitches are out and the Dr. is happy with her progress, still got the District nurse coming in twice a week, and it's 'Not' Gladys Emmanuel.....................

Gears have been changed and I'm slowly getting back into building, my Brothers helped, as he's come over from the UK, with a box of Goodies, a tender for the B1 (GC) another N2, minus a motor!, another Wrenn R1, a couple of brass chassis kit's suitable for a pair of J6's and a nice kitbuilt 0-8-2 chassis, which will become a R1, which I've already started, once I've knocked that one off, I should be ready for the others.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3658.JPG
DSCF3660.JPG
DSCF3663.JPG
DSCF3651.JPG
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Edgware GN. One of Ivatt's 0-8-2 tanks.

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

At last Edgware station is finished, only taken seven years !! See what you think.

manna
Attachments
DSCF3720.JPG
DSCF3722.JPG
DSCF3724.JPG
DSCF3725.JPG
drmditch

Post by drmditch »

I like your 'smokey station', and the effect and placement of the other buildings. Thank you.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Nicely modelled architecture.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Thank you for the replies, now the station is done, I've got my mojo back, so we'll get back to all these outstanding loco's. :D

Another question that has cropped up, is 'Glue', I've been using 'Superglue' now for at least 30 + years, and I think I'm starting to become allergic to it, I've for over the past couple of years, that after using it for building a loco, I having a runny nose, sneezing a cough, like having a cold but for weeks, for the last couple of months I've cut back, and now only do some gluing with the window open and a ceiling fan on slow, I'm finding that I'm a bit better, anybody else having these problems !!!!!!

manna
Manxman1831
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Manxman1831 »

I've noticed a similar thing recently - on certain days my eyes start stinging and streaming for about half an hour, after I stop using superglue. Tends to be on either red-hot days, or if there is a high humidity reading on the gauge. I have noticed that Loctite is fogging up more than it used to as well.
Brian

Anything weird or unusual will catch my interest, be it an express or locomotive

I'm also drawn to the commemorative, let's hope Bachmann will produce 6165 Valour.