Kings Cross York Road/Hotel Curve

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

silverfox
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Kings Cross York Road/Hotel Curve

Post by silverfox »

Apologies if a repost, but i just stumbled across this discussion
some nice pics in there, but be aware of the link in post 41. Whilst to top two rows are ok thw 'promoted' links are a bit 'iffy'

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index. ... d-station/

Ron
cunningnLNER
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Re: Kings Cross York Road/Hotel Curve

Post by cunningnLNER »

Thanks - some interesting comments and photos - especially on the York Rd side.
rockinjohn
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Re: Kings Cross York Road/Hotel Curve

Post by rockinjohn »

Next to the up Moorgate "rat hole"@ York Way Platform stood a short stub that was part of a main line platform # not known this usually contained a drop side wooden plank wagon, I assume to take the carriage cleaners & possibly part station waste,however in '54/'55 for a period of 6/8wks it held a "drewery" style shunter of either 0-4-0 or 0-6-0 wheel arrangement the only identification being a brass builders plate,& from memory varnished teak cab doors,further in to the early '60,s I spied a similar shunter 11177 passing the grove in the "x"direction which I found in the York Rd Goods Depot a couple of days later which would appear to be newly built, it ended up very soon in the Boston area,Any thoughts on the above?