Ian Kirk Pigeon van

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

earlswood nob
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Ian Kirk Pigeon van

Post by earlswood nob »

Good morning all

Amongst all these mildly amusing comments, it seems there is a difference in opinion about the spelling of a certain bird of prey.

The Oxford dictionary gives the spelling as Peregrin(e).

So we can all take our choice as to how we spell it.

The loco nameplate finishes with "E", but Doncaster was often liberal with its spelling.

Earlswood Nob (or is it Knob?)
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Peregrine

Good enough for the LNER and elsewhere :lol: :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peregrine_falcon
Hatfield Shed
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Hatfield Shed »

Daryl wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:41 pm ...Good kit of an unusual subject which I've not come across in RTR
And as a BTW, Hornby have a representation of a Gresley BG in their range, which is not as awful as the passenger vehicles; the flat sides being reasonably close to the van's profile, though I suspect it will be overwidth. Quite which diagram it might best represent I'll leave to those who really know their stuff to decide.
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 65447 »

Hatfield Shed wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:58 am
Daryl wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:41 pm ...Good kit of an unusual subject which I've not come across in RTR
And as a BTW, Hornby have a representation of a Gresley BG in their range, which is not as awful as the passenger vehicles; the flat sides being reasonably close to the van's profile, though I suspect it will be overwidth. Quite which diagram it might best represent I'll leave to those who really know their stuff to decide.
The information is already on the LNER Encyclopedia website here under Rolling Stock -> NPCS -> LNER: https://d240vprofozpi.cloudfront.net/st ... eonBGP.pdf

This and the other Carriages sheets, see under https://www.lner.info/stock/carriages/index.php were prepared at the time of the release by Hornby of the Gresley non-Vestibuled (incorrectly described as 'Suburban') carriages and the more accurate Vestibuled Brake Van was also released then.

Please note that the membership postal and e-mail addresses as shown on the information sheets are now out of date.
Kestrel
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Kestrel »

Atlantic 3279 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:24 am Thank you, I am now better informed.

As there is a "Kestrel" amongst our members who had not contributed to the recent discussion, I was confused......
Confused? So was I :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe they carried kestrels instead of pigeons.
Hatfield Shed
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Hatfield Shed »

65447 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:34 pm ...The information is already on the LNER Encyclopedia website here under Rolling Stock -> NPCS -> LNER...
Thank you. I hadn't spotted this new content, sure I will not be alone in expressing gratitude for the efforts of those presenting this information.