Atlantic's works: Portable layout update

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Atlantic's works: A proper vintage carriage.

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

The USA Pullman should suffice for recognition purposes. More manly than a pink carnation anyway....
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Dave S
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Post by Dave S »

Atlantic 3279 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:42 pm The USA Pullman should suffice for recognition purposes. More manly than a pink carnation anyway....
Depends on where it's been planted....
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

That rather depends where and how he wears it......
Mercator II
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by Mercator II »

I'll be there on Saturday with my usual supplies in bag to keep me nourished, will drop by for a hi at some point during show

Looking forward to seeing the Autocar in the flesh
oOo

Brian

Garage Hobbit!!
Modelling in 00 on my heritage line, very GCR inspired
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Mercator II wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:06 pm I'll be there on Saturday with my usual supplies
So the supremacy of the curry sandwich remains un-challenged?
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Mercator II
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by Mercator II »

Atlantic 3279 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:39 am
Mercator II wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:06 pm I'll be there on Saturday with my usual supplies
So the supremacy of the curry sandwich remains un-challenged?
If you have a challenger, I am happy to try!!!

Safe journey, see you tomorrow 👍
oOo

Brian

Garage Hobbit!!
Modelling in 00 on my heritage line, very GCR inspired
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

Here is the man in action from the weekend:

... and given time to prepare himself.

In the interests of balance, some of the other demonstrators:

Photos courtesy Mrs. Wealleans
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Nice to see the 'Usual Suspects'. :D

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
Herbert Nigel
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Post by Herbert Nigel »

Is that REALLY a Georgian silver gallery tray being used as a work table by ‘imself?
earlswood nob
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by earlswood nob »

I wondered about the tray as well.
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

I couldn't comment - you'd need to ask the uniformed and pomaded flunkey who brought it in and carried it about for him while they parked his sedan chair......
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

I hope those pictures haven't put anybody off their food.

Not the first enquiry about the tray, oddly enough. If only it were Georgian silver - we have two others like it, so we'd be in the money!

Now where's that damned footman got to, I want to be carried to my next destination......

Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

During last weekend's show at the NEC, I spoke to a Mr. Berry, from Prestatyn, about a locomotive conversion using resin parts. Mr Berry wrote down an e-mail address for me, and yesterday I tried to send him some information, to that e-mail address, or at least the e-mail address according to the way I read it. The message was not deliverable. I tried a couple of variations, but the result was the same. Mr Berry did get my e-mail address and postal address too, indicating that he would be in touch with me. If Mr Berry reads this, or if somebody knows him, will Mr Berry please make sure that he does contact me and that he supplies his e-mail address again, otherwise I won'y be able to send him the information that he needs......
29/11/19 problem apparently solved, see next post.

Also, as a result of at least three enquiries fairly recently, I HAVE now started re-making the mould for the streamlined W1 firebox and cab, which I've not been able to produce for a couple of years. I'll let it be known when I'm able to make use of the new mould. I'm afraid the V2 body mould isn't likely to be re-made at this stage though. I only embarked on the W1 re-make because a quick look at what I still had indicated that it might be fairly quick and easy to do. The V2 would involve much more, and given that time is my major enemy at present, other things will have to take priority.

Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Atlantic's works: New W1 mould, and calling Mr Berry......

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Stand down the search party. I've had a postal communication from Mr Berry today, with a reminder note of his e-mail address which may reveal what was amiss with my previous attempts to contact him. a message e-mailed much earlier today does not seem to have bounced. Other attempts did do quite quickly.....

Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Atlantic's works: W1 mould RENEWED

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

I've now managed to re-make the necessary W1 mould and produce a successful casting in it. I won't have time before the turn of the year to make further castings of that type but if the gentleman who approached me about a W1 conversion at the Warley NEC show, looking very disappointed when I was unable to help, would now like to contact me, I can arrange to send him what he needs immediately.

Perhaps he would care to mention who was with him at the time, then I'll be sure that I'm in touch with the correct person.