B17 wakfield lubricators

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

silverfox
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

B17 wakfield lubricators

Post by silverfox »

Does anyone know what model of these four are fitted to the class specifically 61630 around mid 50s
Attachments
lubricator.jpg
greenglade
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Re: B17 wakfield lubricators

Post by greenglade »

Hi Ron

Looking at pictures of B17's I think you can rule out the two to the right. From what I can see the lids are hinged at the back so must be one of the two on the left. That looks like Adam's drawing...if so and if IRC the top left is the lubricator for 4472. Whether tge B17 uses tge same I'm afraid that I have no idea. Should be easy to spot if you can find a decent close up picture of the right hand side.

Cheers

Pete
greenglade
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by greenglade »

I just found a better picture...I think yours is the second from the left...the thing to look at is the handle...in the picture that I just looked at I couldn't see the side pieces on each side of the handle, it looks much closer to the handle that's more rounded on the second box.

Pete
silverfox

Post by silverfox »

Peter

Correct for Adams print

Any chance of seeing the pic you found ,all my stuff is still in the loft, which is why i asked

Ron
greenglade
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by greenglade »

Hi Ron

I grabbed and enlarged this image for you... it's clear to see that the handles don't have the wings sticking out of them and are hinged at the back, so the second left in Adam's drawing.. Looking at this for you made me take another look at 4472....I had thought it was the first left design, however after a little more digging I can see that it should be the same as your loco. The confusion was from looking at FS today which is a silly thing to do because it's basically made up from the parts bin... today she has two completely different lubricators fitted, the rear one does match Adam's top-left design, the front one is nothing like any of them, I'm not even sure if it is a Wakefield? Looking at photo's from the 30's it's clear to see that the type fitted matches Adam's second from the left design...so thanks for making me take another look..:)

Here's the picture

Pete
silverfox

Post by silverfox »

Peter

Have a man hug!!
will update Adam

Thanks
Ron