Made me smile

This forum is for all off-topic (ie. non-railway) discussion.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

rockinjohn
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Re: Made me smile

Post by rockinjohn »

Hi Manna so your in oz too,me in Sydney, guy in Australia house said before our deparure to the antipodes,what would stop you immigrating I replied "spiders I'm terrfied of them"he said you wont see many in Sydney suburbs err.12months later after arrival, wife bitten on foot by a Funnel Web,drove like a lunatic to Royal North Shore Hospital, triage nurse waved us thru past the bleeding/ broken/pregnant& eyes hanging out on cheeks,vaccine just annouced 1 month before, baby had one inside a "babygro" @Dee-why beach couple months before &died,not sure how anybody passed puberty in this place what with Spiders,Snakes,Sea Stingers&Box jellyfish ha.jj(ps no wonder I dream of the "widened lines")
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Far better off in SA, no funnel webs, only Brown snakes, and red backs, and don't see many of either.

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
giner
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by giner »

The wife loves me. She bought me a new jacket last week, said she got it for a great price. It's very nice, except that one sleeve is a bit shorter than the other two. ;)
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

giner wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:02 pm The wife loves me. She bought me a new jacket last week, said she got it for a great price. It's very nice, except that one sleeve is a bit shorter than the other two. ;)
G'Day Gents

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
silverfox

Post by silverfox »

Girl ealks into a book shop

Looks at the assistant and says i am looking for authors who are good horse based thriller writers

He says

Do you like Dick Francis to which she replied

Yes i do, and how did you know my name is Francis?
giner
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by giner »

:lol: :lol:

Okay, while I'm here.

I wasn't very good in school. The teacher says to me one day, "Giner, tell the class one thing you're not very good at, beginning with the letter 'N'. "Spelling". I said.
kudu
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by kudu »

strang steel wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:24 am May I just point out that the thread title is 'Made Me Smile', and that no photo of a spider will ever do that to me, however harmless they may be in the UK.
I'm afraid arachnophobes get no sympathy from me here. Anyone who's scared of spiders should stay off the web.

Kudu
giner
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by giner »

Ooohh, that's bad. :lol: :lol:
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Good one Kudu. This one will be a First..............

manna
Attachments
125442186_3853595917995246_909815419800235732_n.jpg
giner
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by giner »

HaHa. Looked at Dolly's picture, then saw your tagline "Steam in the suburbs" and thought not just in the suburbs, mate. :lol:
Nice one Manna.
STAFFORDA4
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by STAFFORDA4 »

Now pay attention 007
This might look like an ordinary pen

But turn it upside down and you can see her t.ts
kudu
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by kudu »

giner wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:29 pm Ooohh, that's bad. :lol: :lol:
You don't have to like them, just notice them. I remember someone kindly posting directions to the Imperial War Museum after I posted on facebook that I had wanted to go to their exhibition on camouflage but couldn't find it.

Kudu
giner
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by giner »

Oh, I liked your 'web' pun. It was one of those wincingly funny lines. I guess it's one of those responses that's hard to communicate in cold prose.
silverfox

Post by silverfox »

I dine out on a true story about the time i did a wedding ( chauffeuring) at a church opposite the IWM and they wwent into the grounds to have the pictures taken.
rockinjohn

Re: Made me smile/dolly

Post by rockinjohn »

Hi Manna&all gosh, Dolly in between the condensing pipes,Baby Deltics failing&York Way,a few snippets on "our" Dolly taken by her uncle to Eddie Schuler(correct spelling) aged 14 to record her first tracks in Lake Charles L.A,&released on the Goldband label prob. fetching US$750+for the orig.45rpm(dolly would smile @ that having had to borrow the $$$ for the gasoline for the trip & in later years was a very generous lady to the waifs of many countries, UK incl.think Nottingham got a donation for books for one,a final story from her childhood years in a coalmining/shotgun house town asked her momma what the local good lookin/well dressed platinum blonde, high heeled woman did for a living in town was told by her momma "shes a hooker"well momma when I grow up I wanna be a hooker"ha.Rockin' John