Grafar A3 60065 Knight of the Thistle

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Colombo
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Grafar A3 60065 Knight of the Thistle

Post by Colombo »

I see that Grafar have launched their latest LNER Pacifics in N gauge, these beiung Seagull 60033 in Early BR blue and A3 60065 "Knight of the Thistle". Very nice they both look.......but..the A3 should be "Knight of Thistle".

2564 Knight of the Thistle was first introduced in August 1925, being named after the 1897 Royal Hunt Cup winner. The LNER's unauthorised use of that name came to the attention of Lord Lyon, King of Arms in Scotland and it incurred his displeasure. ( I quote from Yeadons Appendix 1). In January 1933 the locomotive emerged from a General Repair with new nameplates "Knight of Thistle" which are meaningless both in relation to the Order and to the racehorse. The engine then carried these until it's withdrawal.

Colombo
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

I have told them of the mistake, but they haven't got back to me, and that was just after they were released, back in January!
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk