Tyneside Electrics

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

tommyd49
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Tyneside Electrics

Post by tommyd49 »

Hello - this is my first post on these boards. I am particually interested in the Tyneside Electrics and I was wondering if anyone has pictures of them? Thanks.
50A
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by 50A »

Hi Tommy.

I haven't any photos for you but I believe there is an Oakwood Library book on the Tyneside electrics. You might want to search that one out.

Andy
Rlangham
LNER P2 2-8-2

Post by Rlangham »

Do you mean the multiple units/railcars or the two beautiful NER electric shunting loco's used on the quayside? I have a photo (it's on this website) of NER no 1 when she was at NRM York (at NRM Shildon now), and i have a large scale copy of it if your interested.
tommyd49
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Post by tommyd49 »

Rlangham wrote:Do you mean the multiple units/railcars or the two beautiful NER electric shunting loco's used on the quayside? I have a photo (it's on this website) of NER no 1 when she was at NRM York (at NRM Shildon now), and i have a large scale copy of it if your interested.
Thanks, but I'm really interested in the multiple units built by the LNER for the Newcastle-South Shields line.
billdonald
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by billdonald »

tommyd49 wrote:
Rlangham wrote:Do you mean the multiple units/railcars or the two beautiful NER electric shunting loco's used on the quayside? I have a photo (it's on this website) of NER no 1 when she was at NRM York (at NRM Shildon now), and i have a large scale copy of it if your interested.
Thanks, but I'm really interested in the multiple units built by the LNER for the Newcastle-South Shields line.
Hello Tommy,

The first generation of multiple-units used on the South Shields branch were actually built by the NER in 1920, and refurbished in 1937 by the LNER. So it's slighly wrong to call them an LNER-build - but not completely as the LNER at York did build an accident replacement vehicle to the NER 1920 design in 1938.

What specifically are you interested in? Carriage workings, works drawings, pictures, general events. Let me know and I'll see what I've got.

Bill
tommyd49
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Post by tommyd49 »

billdonald wrote:
tommyd49 wrote:
Hello Tommy,

The first generation of multiple-units used on the South Shields branch were actually built by the NER in 1920, and refurbished in 1937 by the LNER. So it's slighly wrong to call them an LNER-build - but not completely as the LNER at York did build an accident replacement vehicle to the NER 1920 design in 1938.

What specifically are you interested in? Carriage workings, works drawings, pictures, general events. Let me know and I'll see what I've got.

Bill
Pictures, please.