'Sir Nigel Gresley' to London KX - 28th November

Post your photographs of the LNER and its Constituents here! Links to film/video are also welcome.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun

steamingyorkshire
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

'Sir Nigel Gresley' to London KX - 28th November

Post by steamingyorkshire »

A quick clip from No.7 at Colton on Saturday morning running about 15 down...

Footage Available Here

Ferrybridge Flyer
NER C7 4-4-2

Re: 'Sir Nigel Gresley' to London KX - 28th November

Post by Ferrybridge Flyer »

Thanks for that-especially the GRESLEY film.Great sound!
Bring back Ferrybridge station!
Flamingo
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by Flamingo »

Liked the sound on both clips though I have to say I preferred the roar from that Jubilee. It was rather like how the Gresley Pacifics used to sound when they had single chimneys - provided the 2 to 1 gear was working well. They sounded even better if it was a bit out though!
hyperion
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by hyperion »

:lol: :roll: Perhaps I don't get around as much as I should and I see I haven't had a look at LNER Encyclopedia since LAST JULY ! What am I like ?

However, I put 'Christmas Tynesider' into me browser about 2 oclock this morning and was led to your Colton Junction video. Oh Boy ! I sat with mouth agape and now I've just played it another dozen or so times ! Usually when I see them they're coming into and standing in Potters Bar or Stevenage stations and it's many a long year since I seen a 'Blue'n' stretched like that. Took me back years and years. Such bliss ! Thanks steamingyorkshire ! :lol: :P
hyperion
NBR J36 0-6-0

Post by hyperion »

I have just seen the second clip of 'Sir Nigel' at Colton and also 'Leander'. I must agree, and admit, with 'Flamingo', Leander sounds more Gresley than 'Gresley'. In fact number 7 seems to be somewhat 'off the beat' which was definitely the case on a last Summer occasion when starting away from Potters Bar when 'Sir Nigel' sounded very 'off', although actual performance is obviously untroubled. Perhaps someone more 'steam technical' can give an opinion. ??