Green Arrow

Post your photographs of the LNER and its Constituents here! Links to film/video are also welcome.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun

Ferrybridge Flyer
NER C7 4-4-2

Re: Green Arrow

Post by Ferrybridge Flyer »

I'm with 52D,if my numbers come up there'll be no stuffing and mounting
Bring back Ferrybridge station!
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'day Gents
It would, be a nice gesture for the NRM to work out the cost of repairing 'Green Arrow' I know it would cost a few 'bob' but the last set lasted 73 years, I would call that cost effective :lol:
manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

A couple of pics courtesy Berwick spotter, one showing 52As V2 60868 and the other with a depressing line of LNERs finest alongside Tweedmouth South Box on a wet day circa 1962.
Plenty of modelling detail in the two views
Attachments
V2 60868 coming off Royal Border Bridge.jpg
Tweedmouth looking South circa 1962.jpg
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
52A
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Post by 52A »

Excellent couple of photos, does anyone have any more of the Berwick area boxes? The first one predates the opening of the new Tweedmouth box on 10th December 1961, the second obviously shortly after, all the semaphores having been removed.
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by 61070 »

61070 wrote: The first photo that I posted was taken when 4771 passed southbound through Leicester in summer 1973. It's about a mile south of Leicester London Road station, and the bridge carries the Welford Road over the quadruple track midland main line. I'm not sure of the date, purpose or destination of this move, but I seem to remember that it originated at Norwich. Was this the loco's first post-restoration foray onto the main line? If anyone can confirm that, and/or give the date and the destination, I'll be very grateful. All I have is the slide mount, dated 'JUL 73' during processing.

Anyway, here are two more shots on the same occasion, the first showing 4771 approaching Leicester from the north (MPD to the right). The vantage point was the famous 'birdcage', a fenced footpath where many of us spent a happy hour or three on Saturdays in the 1960s. 4771 took water at the station so I looked in there, took the second photo and was able to get ahead on my bike for the shot at Welford Road bridge.
Re. my three photos posted on page 4 of Green Arrow passing through Leicester light engine. At the time I didn't know the date, but I've just turned up an old notebook covering that period, and it was Thursday 5th April 1973.

All the best for 2010 everyone.