Tornado charter to Swanage

Post your photographs of the LNER and its Constituents here! Links to film/video are also welcome.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun

Autocar Publicity
NER C7 4-4-2

Tornado charter to Swanage

Post by Autocar Publicity »

Here's a few pictures of Wednesday the 16th's charter (and return) from London to Swanage:
Tornado Swanage 1.jpg
Tornado Swanage 2.jpg
Tornado Swanage 3.jpg
Tornado Swanage 5.jpg
The excursion came in around lunchtime, then the 67 on the back extracted the stock to beyond Norden and out of the way of the Swanage Railway's timetabled operations, then later in the pm, Swanage Railway's class 33 piloted the ECS back to Swanage, collected Tornado and support coach and dragged the whole train out around [early] teatime.
Ferrybridge Flyer
NER C7 4-4-2

Re: Tornado charter to Swanage

Post by Ferrybridge Flyer »

Like the photos with Corfe Castle in the background.Bet they'd make a good painting!! :)
Bring back Ferrybridge station!
Autocar Publicity
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Autocar Publicity »

Probably... (over to you Malcolm... :wink: )

I wanted a picture with the castle in, and the sun had moved round too much for me to do any good from the common south of CC station. These frames were from near Harmans Cross, there's a public footpath across the fields here. There were a few people about but we were away from the crowds and everyone had a bit of space and a decent view.
Malcolm
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by Malcolm »

Autocar Publicity wrote:Probably... (over to you Malcolm... :wink: )

I wanted a picture with the castle in, and the sun had moved round too much for me to do any good from the common south of CC station. These frames were from near Harmans Cross, there's a public footpath across the fields here. There were a few people about but we were away from the crowds and everyone had a bit of space and a decent view.
Sorry Dudes, not enough atmosphere for me........too much green and no people.

Malcolm
The world is seldom what we wish it to be, but wishes don't change it.