Merry Christmas

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Merry Christmas

Post by richard »

Merry Christmas Y'all! Hope there are lots of toys under the tree for everyone :-)

Yes perhaps a little early for a Christmas posting, but tomorrow I'll be flying out to Georgia (US) for a long two weeks, and Internet access will be intermittent - probably every few days.

January is already looking like it will be another busy month, but I hope to get started on the 2-4-0s. If I can maintain the activity that I managed in the past few months, it is possible that I might finish all the locos in 2006!
This is helped by the fact that many of the bios (eg. many of the 0-6-0s and Scottish 4-4-0s) are going to be fairly short.

I'll probably also be adding some more discussion areas. Perhaps one for people to discuss what they'd like to see on the site, things that can be improved, etc. And perhaps a General Chat area (for posts like this!).

Merry Christmas!

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
jdtoronto
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by jdtoronto »

richard wrote:Merry Christmas Y'all! Hope there are lots of toys under the tree for everyone :-)
And for you to Richard! I hope you and the family enjoy your holidays.
And perhaps a General Chat area (for posts like this!)
Definitely, an off-topic area would be a welcome addition.

And to all the denizens of this little corner of the world, my best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a peaceful and happy New Year.

John
(John Day, wife Jacqui Burke and daughter Brenda in Toronto)
LNERandBR
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by LNERandBR »

richard wrote: And perhaps a General Chat area (for posts like this!).
Good Idea. It's allways good to have an off topic area so that threads like this are kept seperate from the core discussions.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
By Stephen

Mad about the LNER, BR Eastern region in the 50's, Rail Blue Diesels and Sectorisation era.