00 coaches

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Tom Quayle
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

00 coaches

Post by Tom Quayle »

I am very interested in LNER expresses and I have seen the new hornby Teaks in BR marron but I want to model a more interesting rake by adding a few thompsons in the same livery but there getting hard to find and tip offs Im going to MR scotland for a look but no high hopes
Attachments
R4260B.jpg
R4260B.jpg (6.6 KiB) Viewed 6179 times
Tom Quayle
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by Tom Quayle »

These are the type Im looking for but in Marron
Attachments
34425_1.jpg
34425_1.jpg (36.58 KiB) Viewed 6153 times
LNERandBR
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by LNERandBR »

I beleve that the Bachmann thompson is out of production. I have two in carmine and cream.

The best way is to go to exhibitions and swapmeets and look around. You may get lucky. You could allways repaint them into maroon.
By Stephen

Mad about the LNER, BR Eastern region in the 50's, Rail Blue Diesels and Sectorisation era.
Bullhead
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by Bullhead »

Try eBay, or having a go at a Comet kit. See http://www.cometmodels.co.uk/index2.html for details of the wide range of Thompson and Gresley coaches they supply. Although these do take time to put together they reward the effort, and have the added advantage (because the sides are etched brass) of flush glazing: unlike the Bachmanns, whose windows are about 6 scale inches deep.
So - did anyone dare tell Stephenson, "It's not Rocket science"?