Micks 4mm LNER Models

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

CVR1865
GNR C1 4-4-2

Re: Micks 4mm LNER Models

Post by CVR1865 »

They do look really good. Imagine being the fireman in that W1, what a walk.
don't forget about the Great Eastern Railway
Royal Lancer
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by Royal Lancer »

Both the A1/1 and W1 are striking models. Outstanding work, Mick. Wouldn't mind a model of the A1/1 in LNER livery. A truly unique beast.
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

In between DIY the following have been finished :D

A couple of damaged GN tenders both had broken/missing coal rails ,damage to lining and minor dents. Rails repaired with microstrip and on one a new complete topside plated rail.
1.jpg
2.jpg
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Rebuilt :D
3.jpg
4.jpg
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Royal Lancer as Hornby should have produced it with a Corridor Tender. This made use of the Royal Lancer chassis plug type and tender. The body was used to create Victor Wild in earlier pictures.

Body was spare ebay Great Northern in very poor condtion no dragbeam and missing Cab.

Brassmaster front steps,footplate supports,reversing and ashpan levers.

Boiler relined as damaged, bufferbeam corners curved, new Dragbeam from a scrap body , new Cab from St Johnstoun(thanks) bucket seats for cab as higher cutouts, long travel valve covers from scrap body again. handrails painted. Plates and renumbered.
5.jpg
6.jpg
Last edited by mick b on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

This time a not so badly damaged Night Hawk using a Gladiateur body.

Brassmaster parts again, bufferbeam corners cut off, relined Boiler numbers and plates now towing one of the repaired GN Tenders.
7.jpg
8.jpg
Nxt up a upgrade on the new type chassis V2 Green Arrow which I have just obtained. Body is awful including the Bachmann lining and lettering !!
davidwest
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by davidwest »

How far you going to go with the upgrade Mick?
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

David

Replacement Chimney, Dome, Smokebox Door and Safety Valves are all easy and I have the parts in store. The Tender is the same as the K3 with a removable coal moulding. I will change the bizarre winding handles thereon which must be about a scale 20 feet high !! and real coal to be added.

Body and Tender will be resprayed Doncaster Green not the Darlington(ish) Green Bachmann use and relined , numbers and plates.

I havent looked at many pictures yet there maybe some other detail which can be improved on. I will not be cutting the boiler about other than removing the heavy moulding seams !!

At least the chassis is better but why no lining on the outer edge of the wheels aka on the A2 :shock:
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Nice tenders, but can I ask, are they the early (motorized) tops or the type fitted to the latest loco driven :?:

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Loco drives ! my tender drive versions went a long time ago !!
Saint Johnstoun
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Saint Johnstoun »

Both very nice - glad to help with the cab!
davidwest
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by davidwest »

mick b wrote:David

Replacement Chimney, Dome, Smokebox Door and Safety Valves are all easy and I have the parts in store. The Tender is the same as the K3 with a removable coal moulding. I will change the bizarre winding handles thereon which must be about a scale 20 feet high !! and real coal to be added.

Body and Tender will be resprayed Doncaster Green not the Darlington(ish) Green Bachmann use and relined , numbers and plates.

I havent looked at many pictures yet there maybe some other detail which can be improved on. I will not be cutting the boiler about other than removing the heavy moulding seams !!

At least the chassis is better but why no lining on the outer edge of the wheels aka on the A2 :shock:

The Lamp irons can faily easily be repositionand and there's handrails on the buffer beam just behind the buffers.
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

Yes forgot them !!!
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by mick b »

O4/8 weathered
1.jpg
O1