Bachmann 2006 Programme

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Bullhead
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Bachmann 2006 Programme

Post by Bullhead »

Not much to suit the LNER modeller (predictably enough), although the BR standard 4MT 2-6-0 might fit into North Eastern Region practice and the first ready-to-run UK outline sound-equipped DCC models (all diesel, sadly, but including a Deltic) will be fun. See http://www.bachmann.co.uk/ for details.
So - did anyone dare tell Stephenson, "It's not Rocket science"?
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

And Bachmann's matching Farish announcements are here:

http://www.grahamfarish.co.uk/home.php4

The NGauge listserver is currently a-fire with these announcements. A few have noticed the Staniers - Staniers were replaced by Gresleys on Dapol's Monday announcement. The implication was that the Staniers were postponed, but it now looks like the BachFar were attempting to pip Dapol to the Staniers, and Dapol found out. Dapol's superior PR machine then turned it to their advantage!

The N range also includes a Class 04 (Drewry), Jubilee (Peco Jubilees still command a high EBay price), 2-6-2T Standard, retooled Class 59, and Class 150. So not much for the LNER enthusiast, but the general feeling in N is that both sets of announcements have something for most.

We'll see if BachFarish can deliver these on time!

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
Wandering1500
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Post by Wandering1500 »

Both ranges sound good, i'll definately be grabbing a Standard 4 and Ivatt 2 :)

David
Tom Quayle
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by Tom Quayle »

76*** I want one oready hehehe got the 75*** and 73*** better complete the set of bachmann standards at first opertunity Want ER one though lol. Not LNER but I have quite a sizeable modern collection and the 47 sounds a good addition 4 liverys :D
The weather here is Baltic but so were the tank engines
Furness Railway and GCR fan.
125mph tilt vs 126.5mph duck
Advanced North West Productions.
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

No LNER...Farish is doing NO LNER

Does anyone know whatis ment by the Livery, BR Express Blue, as A4 Seagull is modelled in? Is it the Purple or the BR Blue.
And does anyone know of an A3 Colour Chart? as Yeadon's gives an A4 one, but don't give you a clue to the A3 Colours!

Anyone spotted the mistake with one of the Farish 'LNER' engines?
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

I understand "BR Express Blue" to be the blue that SNG is currently in.
An semi-experimental livery that was applied to quite a few engines (Duchesses, Kings, A3s,A4s,etc) before Brunswick Green was settled on. I don't think any of the A3s received purple, did they? And only a few A4s.

For colour charts, the RCTS "Locomotives of the LNER" Vol. 2A has fold out charts inside the back cover for both the A1/A3s and A4s.

I think there's something for just about everyone in the combined schedules from Dapol and Farish. The Gresleys from Dapol more than make up for the lack of steam from Farish. Besides, the only post-Bachman steam engine to date - was an LNER one, so we can't complain!

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
Tom Quayle

Post by Tom Quayle »

Best example I can think of for express blue is SNG like richard said. See the bachmann model it sits very well on it (another loco on my hit list) with a light coat of wethering. Do we have any idea of the numbers for the 76*** standards yet and will there be a wethered one. Looked on the website agian and quite fancy the 2mt as well. I run a small docks system on my layout so the industrial starter 0-6-0 could be a good addition fitted with my current dock system livery of the Calcstone Docks and Fisheries Board (CDFB for short) lol its basically the MD&HB livery but with NCB blue instead of the green.
Wandering1500
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Post by Wandering1500 »

For a shunter tom, I couldn't recommend more the DJH 'starter kit' Andrew Barclay, very pleasing to build and lots of fun.

David
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

Thanks for the Express Blue clarification, as A4 Seagull in the livery, didn't get Purple, that's all

And the Farish mistake?
Knight of the Thistle, should only be Knight of Thistle in the BR Green

Mark T
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk
Tom Quayle

Post by Tom Quayle »

There are LNER relate toolings in the bachmann list. A new BR black BR Oliver Bury and a V1/3 in BR black, the Blue Gray reverse pullmans look good as well