Brush type 2s & 4s

This forum is for the discussion of all railway subjects that do not include the LNER, and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Mickey
GNR C1 4-4-2

Last 33s from KX goods yard

Post by Mickey »

rockinjohn wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:44 am Hi Mickey, Eastleigh 9F's allocated? if they were, not that many, maybe to cover inbound failures?, would have been for the Fawley Oil tank workings,lots of 9F Midland vistors some staying for a visit to the works,now can you clarify please did the Brush type2 ever appear in two tone green,as I think you mentioned it?I could be wrong,I think the BR derby sulzer 2's the first locos I ever saw in "true"two tone when new 75/76xx apart from the Ipswich based 9 or 10 503x members.
On second thoughts jj I am not sure if those two B.R.9Fs were allocated to a shed on the southern region and in fact I can't remember if it was Eastleigh shed either I just remember reading something about a couple of 9Fs being on the southern region and not just passing through either they were more permanently to be found on the southern which as everyone knows the southern region was primarily a passenger railway with little heavy freight traffic to speak of.

Some more diesel memories, I was at Camden Road box on the North London on the night when the very last train of stone empties hauled by two southern class 33s departed the old Kings Cross Goods yard or what was left of it for the very last time and came up the Kings Cross Incline heading back to Angerstein Wharf in Kent on the former southern region at around 3:00am one Saturday morning (no gricers around to witness the passing) but I can't remember the actual year it may have been in either 1999 or 2000?. Anyway during the following weeks redevelopment work of the old Kings Cross Goods yard area commenced.
Original start date of 2010 on the LNER forum and previously posted 4500+ posts.
rockinjohn
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Re: Brush type 2s & 4s/33s

Post by rockinjohn »

Hi Mickey never knew of that working of the 33's to Kings "X" yard the cement works I suppose?/only ever looked over that wall on that side of York Way once, standing on my bike cross bar to be rewarded with the only O1 (B1 boilered)?sighted in all those years think a March(31B)loco.jj
Mickey
GNR C1 4-4-2

Brush type 2s & 4s

Post by Mickey »

Southern region class 33s occasionally worked down into Kings Cross Goods yard on the latter day stone trains.

Non headcode box 5526 seen at Loughborough in 1974- http://nigeltout.com/119_12-Loughborough-19740104.jpg
Original start date of 2010 on the LNER forum and previously posted 4500+ posts.